She chuckled and went around the large table, picking an apple and dicing it into two.

"I promise to try my best!" I told her.

"Sure you will my dear. Where are those two you brought with you?" She asked casually.

"They are in the living room...the larger one of the two rooms." I told her but she gave me a skeptical look which made me guess what she was thinking. "A maid is watching them."

It wasn't like I would leave them to wander around on their own in this mansion.

"Brilliant. We will sort their education out later but at the moment, I have to take you to see the young master."

"Oh. Okay."

My tensed muscles relaxed.

I still hadn't asked the boy's age but if he was around Leonardo's age, it would be easy for them to familiarize with one another.

When she walked up the first flight of stairs, she squared her shoulders and was back to the woman that interviewed me. Not the one that told me to give my younger ones those apples on our way out of her office.

She knocked once. Then within three seconds, she knocked again. Lastly, she knocked the third time and exhaled loudly

I furrowed my eyebrows.

Just how 'moody' could this boy be? If he had some spoilt rich kid issue, a little mixture of scolding and loving him would do the trick. I would just have to tell him what to do and make him know how to behave.

I understood he was the child of the young master of the house but did they have to go through such ceremony before gaining entrance into his room?

Also, if it was a teenager or young adult, he wouldn't have been termed 'specially moody' by the Chief of staff which could only mean one thing.

It was a little boy! Then surely he'd be the young master's son.

I heard ruffling in the room and then the sound of a lock being turned.

"Please wait here. He knows about your arrival and had such a fuss about it earlier." Agatha murmured as she quickly stepped into the room and shut the door with a soft click.

At this, I almost let out a disdainful chuckle but held myself at the last minute because these people were still my employers regardless and I didn't have any reason to think less of the person I was yet to meet.

Okay, so maybe I did. They obviously spoilt him to make him this naughty and moody but still.

I began to think of how I would tame the boy. Or was the child a girl?

Then again, maybe something horrible happened to him or he witnessed something horrific and he had a mental breakdown whenever he remembered it.

At this thought, I found myself feeling very sorry for the boy I was still yet to meet. My motherly instinct kicked in and a wave of protectiveness surged through me.

Then I silently made a promise to myself that regardless of what the situation at hand might look like, I would help him get through this.

This door opened and Agatha stepped out, facing me as she shut it. She gave me a smile and opened her mouth to speak when a muffled voice called,

"Agatha!"

She didn't turn around but her body tensed to show she probably didn't want to be here at this moment. "Yes, young master?"

Her voice came out like a squeak. Like she was keeping herself from screaming.

The door tore open and I felt shock ripple through me at the sight of the person standing before me.

Was this the young master?

Brown, captivating eyes accentuated his thick brows as he eyed me skeptically. His Adam's apple bobbed and my eyes moved upward to his light pink lips before I could help it. His taut muscles stood proud and gave him the aura of a god.

He was holding the door with his hands on both sides and he was shirtless.

His eyes were taking in every inch of my body like it was a casual act and I felt my body heat up at the dark, mysterious look in his eyes when he swiftly brought his tongue out to wet his pale pink lips.

I never knew the act could be so captivating until I watched this man do it.

He reminded me of Samson in one of those bible story books my mama used to read me when I was younger with the way his hands were supporting him on both sides. Like Samson had been getting support from the pillars in the hall where he'd been kept by the Philistines.

And worse, he was shirtless...oh my...his man shorts lazily hung below his waist as if it would fall off anytime.

"You must be Rosa. I'm Gonzalo Romano Rodriguez. Make me some coffee and bring it into my room now." The husky voice demanded with a certain richness to it. His accent. It was the same Italian accent like my parents had but their voices had never had this sizzling effect on me like this young master's voice did.

His lips jutted out as he stared at me with furrowed brows. Then he shut the door with me still staring dumbfounded at the entrance.

Wait... Did he just pout?

What. The. Hell?!

*

And, there you have it. Meet Diego. He's a little grumpy but will hopefully get better as the chapters progress.