"You and Chet will get your own place eventually," Nat said. "You'll need supplies for when you do."

It was a thoughtful gift just like Kannika's had been. This Christmas was turning out much different than the Christmas's with my own family. For one, my own family hadn't opened presents together since Aiden and I were children. And we had never sat around the tree together like this. We had never waited for other people to open their presents either, we had all just jumped in and opened whatever we wanted.

"Thank you," I said. "I'll use them well."

Chet opened the present from Kannika next. It was sportswear and of course he loved it. He loved anything related to sports.

The last present I opened was from Chet. I looked at him confused when I opened the small package to see several brochures of picturesque beaches inside.

"It's for when we can save up enough money to go on a trip," Chet said to me. "It might take us a while. It might take years, but let's go here together." Beaches of Thailand.

I nodded. I wanted to go there with him. Just the two of us. Traveling together. Being together. Loving each other.

He reached over and opened one of the brochures to reveal two $50 bills. "This will start our savings for the trip," he said.

I nodded again not really having a voice.

"My turn," he said and reached for my present to him. He opened it to reveal a tiger's eye stone and leather bracelet. It wasn't exactly like the one he had given me. There were less stones. 

(A/N:  the leather isn't braided and it is the same color as Vincent's, but otherwise this is Chet's new bracelet

(A/N:  the leather isn't braided and it is the same color as Vincent's, but otherwise this is Chet's new bracelet.)

He smiled when he saw it and ran his fingers along it. I leaned over him to flip the leather so he could see the engraving on the inside. VK ♥ CW. He drew me into an embrace.

"I love you," he said against my ear.

"I love you too," I said.

"Ugh," Kannika fell dramatically to her back. "Why are you two always so mushy?"

"I think it's sweet," Nat said as she smiled at us.

"Me too," Nate said with a similar smile.

Later in the day, I sat on my side of the bed with my back propped up against a pillow studying my new textbook, but really the manga inside. I was curious as to why Kannika liked them so much. I closed the book when Nate came in. He handed me his phone. I looked at him confused. He indicated with his hand that I should put the phone up to my ear so I did.

"Hello?" I said.

"Vinny," my grandma's voice said. I sat up straight and looked at Chet's dad. He quietly left and closed the door to give me some semblance of privacy in a house where Kannika could hear everything.