Nothing [2]

Louis' eyes fluttered open to see the sun leaking into the room, apparently the blinds had done hardly anything because if they did Louis wouldn't have this much sunlight burning into his eyes as he woke. He looked beside him expecting to see Eleanor there, but to his dismay she wasn't. He slowly kicked off the blanket and made his way out of the room. He went down the staircase sighing as he realized he still didn't come up with an answer, to be honest Louis felt hurt. Hurt by the fact that a girl he'd known forever didn't even bother to tell him that she'd had his child.

"Morning." Eleanor said as Louis entered the kitchen. She knew by the expression on his face that something was bothering him, the way his eyes were distant and his lips were curled into a thin line.

"Morning." He grumbled back. Eleanor bit her lip and watched as Louis started making himself a cup of tea.

"What's up?" She asked as he came over to the bench next to her.

"Nothing..." He lied quietly.

"Lou you where tossing and turning all night, just tell me whats bothering you, please."

Louis let out a shaky breath before nodding slowly. "Maybe she can help me..." He thought to himself, though he knew there was two different outcomes to him telling El about everything he'd been told.

"Well It started like this..."

Louis started telling Eleanor about how once when he was seventeen he'd had a girl friend named Phoebe and they'd gone 'All the way'. He then said how they'd cut it off before he'd went on X factor. He continued on how yesterday He'd received a phone call explaining how she'd died and that he now had full custody over their daughter.

"Daughter?" Eleanor interrupted. Shock washed over her face as she stared at her boyfriend who looked utterly scared.

Louis nodded. "That's the problem, I only just found out and they expect me to take care of her now, the guy I was talking to thought I already knew... I don't know what to do, I mean I don't wanna exactly abandon the kid, it's just... I don't think I'm ready to raise a kid..."

They both sat in silence, Louis anxious to see what Eleanor would say about the situation. He imagined her telling him to forget about the little girl or saying she didn't want to date a guy with a child.

"Louis there's not really a problem..." She finally said.

"Whatdoyoumeantheresnoproblem!" He blurted out quickly. Eleanor gave him a confused look. "Oh... What do you mean there's no problem?"

"It's simple, even if you think you can't do it you have to, that little girl just lost her mother, she doesn't deserve to lose her dad as well... She'd grow up feeling unwanted you know..."

Louis nodded.

"You've gotta go do some photo shoots don't you?" Eleanor said getting up from the table.

"Shit..."

"Go get changed." Eleanor laughed. There was banging on the front door Eleanor got up as Louis rushed upstairs, she made her way to the front door opening it to see four angry boys.

"Louis ready?" Harry snapped as they went inside.

"Nope." Eleanor replied popping the 'p'.

"Damn him!" Zayn scowled. Louis came down the stairs looking happier than they'd last seen him.

"Come on we're gonna be late!" Liam snapped.

"Okay calm ya tits." Zayn replied as he walked out the door.

"Zayn... don't say that line again..." Niall said following him. "Please don't..."

"Bye love." Louis said kissing Eleanor. "And thanks for the help!" Eleanor smiled, closing the front door and letting out a sigh. "Wow..."

"...So Louis you decided what your gonna do?" Liam asked as they changed into the clothes for their photo shoot. Louis still wasn't completely sure about the idea of having a kid running around but every time he thought of turning around and saying he didn't want who ever the child was, Eleanor's words lingered through his head. The thought of being the reason of a child grew up with no parents made him feel guilty and sickened by himself.

"Yeah El helped me, I'm gonna take her." Louis replied smiling.

"You sure your reading for it mate?" Zayn said his tone dead serious. Louis shrugged.

"I don't know...but El made the point that it's better trying than letting my child grow up with no parents."

"Good point." Niall chimed in.

"Yeah but now you have to go and do all that parenty stuff," Zayn added as he put on his hat. "Think about it."

"Like what?" Louis asked as they left the change room.

"School plays, sleepovers, birthday party's, there heaps of stuff." Harry said as they walked down a corridor.

"Oh School camps!" Niall said. "Then there's all that extra stuff like instruments if she wants to, dancing and art classes stuff girls like."

"-Sports-"

"-Teddy bear collections-"

"-Food-"

"-Shopping-"

"-Music-"

"--iPod's-"

"-Phones-"

"-Laptops-"

"-Gymnastic-!"

"Lads!" Louis snapped cutting them all off. "She's like three...I don't think she's gonna need all that stuff.

"What kid doesn't have a teddy bear collection." Niall snapped under his breath.

"Lou what do you think Simon will say about this...?" Liam asked as they went into the room with the camera.

"We'll find out later... But you know what...it kinda hurts to think Phoebe didn't tell me..."

"Hey mate." Zayn said calmly. "She probably didn't tell much people...don't take it personally."

The photo shoot ended up going longer than expected and they were finally aloud to leave at six pm.

"Lou what are you doing...?" Harry asked as Louis grabbed his phone.

"Calling someone."

Louis pressed the phone to his ear and waited.

"Hi mummy," Louis shooed Harry away. "Um... You remember Phoebe Walker...you were friends with her mum and we lived on the same street and then we dated for a bit? Yeah that's her... Yeah I did hear...mum did you know she had a daughter...? You did... Did you know it's mine?"

Louis tried to act surprised, but really he wasn't. He'd known Phoebe Walker her whole life and this was exactly something she'd do, she was a scheming person, one who had a passion for planning things out and keeping secrets.

"Yeah I am... Would you tell Mrs Walker or whoever? Thanks... Love you too."

Louis put his phone back in his pocket and turned round to see the rest of the band curiously looking at him.

"My mum knew." Louis muttered. "My own mother knew and didn't think of telling me..."

"Maybe you should take it personally..." Zayn mumbled receiving a glare of Louis.

"My mum said funeral's next week...can someone come?"

"We'll come." Liam said looking at the others. "Right?"

"Yep-"

"We'll be there-"

"I'll check my schedule." Harry said curtly. "I'm only joking! I'll come. But only because it's going to be the first time you ever meet your daughter and I have a feeling you're gonna need support..."

"She'll probably hate me..." Louis muttered. "I bet she's gonna hate me and then I'll have to figure out what to do with a child who hates me."

"Send her to boarding school." Niall shrugged. "Problem solved-only if she hates you though. If she doesn't sending her to boarding school will make her hate you..."

"Very imaginative." Louis replied, he bit his bottom lip thoughts running through his head like cars on a freeway, what if his daughter did hate him?