Unexpected News [1]

There was something strange about the way the world felt right now. Louis Tomlinson's hands wrapped around his phone anxiously as he walked through the recording studio, something about today didn't feel right to him. He assumed it was just his mind playing with him, but he was wrong. Dead wrong. Something had happened, Louis just didn't know it yet, he shook the anxiety off as ran his fingers through his brown hair which slightly messed as he did, but to anyone else it would appear completely normal. He wasn't sure what to expect today, he'd had breakfast with his girlfriend Eleanor Calder then left to come here where Harry had said his new 'friend' was going to watch them record one song. It slightly made Louis nervous, he knew he was here earlier than he should be, but he assumed the other members of One Direction would be to even though the other people who helped record and produce the album probably wouldn't be. But Louis enjoyed times like that, times were he could just sit with his friends for a couple of minutes and talk about whatever.

Louis walked through the door, slightly biting his lip as he saw his band members, Liam Payne, Zayn Malik, Harry Styles and Niall Horan as well as another girl with slightly tanned skin, her blonde hair fell just at her shoulders, her face was oval, her makeup was light but there and her lips were bright red.

'Must be Harry's friend.' Louis thought, "Hey." He said and the others all exchanged greetings smiling when they did. Louis looked to Harry as if waiting for him to speak because he knew the girl was with him. Who else would bring a girl into the recording studio?

"Louis" Harry said finally, he looked at his friend almost laughing as Louis held his thump up. "This is my friend Charley." The blonde-better known as Charley's eyes narrowed at the word 'friend' obviously thinking she'd receive a bigger title. But she didn't say anything she just held her hand out to Louis allowing him to take it in his.

"Nice to meet you Charley..." Louis replied while shaking Charley's hand. He didn't exactly understand why he had to meet her here of all places, even being in the biggest boy band in the world, Louis still felt a bit self conscious about his singing voice.

Charley took her hand back forcing a grin on her face. "Nice to meet you too. Louis is it?"

Louis went to open his mouth, but Harry spoke first, his own hand finding Charley's as Louis took a seat next to Zayn who's eyes managed to flutter everywhere but to Charley.

"Yeah he's Louis" Harry confirmed, Louis just rolled his eyes as Liam chuckled under his breath before whispering "She thought I was you." so only Louis could hear.

"Louis who can talk." Louis added. Harry bit his lip as Charley continue to grin happily.

"Who's up for breakfast?" Niall asked breaking the silence. "I have a feeling we'll be waiting here for a bit and I may or may not have forgotten to eat because my clock said it was one not ten..."

Laughter broke through the room as Niall shrugged, he didn't seem to care really.

"I just ate with El." Louis answered. "Then I had to ditch her for you douche's."

"Anyone else besides this jackass?" Niall asked. The room was filled with "Mmm maybe." "Why not?" "Not hungry." and "Why can't we just record first?" Niall just scowled back at them. Conversation broke through the room but soon stopped once Louis' phone burst with sound in his pocket.

"Hello." He said pressing his phone to his ear. "Yes this is him." He bit his lip his face twisting with emotions as he leaned against the lounge that was shoved at the back of the recording studio. "Oh...um are you sure you've got the right person?"

The room was silent, no one speaking as Louis stayed on the phone confused and worried.

"Who do you think he's talking to...?" Niall whispered to Liam who just shrugged.

"Oh... Your one hundred percent sure..." Louis muttered, he swallowed the lump in his throat listening to the other end of the line. "I...I...I need to think about this... I can't think... Are you sure she's mine? Oh you are... Um, I need some time first. Um thank you for telling me... Bye."

"What's up mate?" Zayn asked, he watched Louis shove his phone into his pocket his face still twisting with emotions, nobody was sure whether he was upset or happy about whatever he'd spoken on the phone about. His words lingered through Zayn's head sending different ideas in him but he didn't say any.

"My ex died." Louis bit his lip. "And apparently she had my child, and forgot to tell me-" He paused looking to Charley. "Um...could you give us a minute?"

Charley nodded, mumbleing "Sure." under her breath before rising to her feet and swiftly leaving the room. All eyes were on Louis as he sat in total awe, his mind racing as he chewed on his lip blood almost coming to the surface of his bottom lip.

"My ex Phoebe, she um died so I get full custody of her-our kid..." Louis muttered. "She's a three year old girl named Cristell...god this is shit..."

"What are you gonna do...?" Liam asked stopping the silence that threatened to fall. He asked the question that was on everyone's mind-even Louis'. He had no idea what he felt. Part of him was sickened, the other was telling him if he turned around and said he didn't want the girl he would be a sick man but the thought of an actual child scared the living daylights out of him. Louis shrugged. "I don't know... I mean... I can't exactly abandon my child... but... I just don't know..."

Louis tossed and turned all night, thinking hard over his situation. He couldn't seem to think straight all through the day and now at two in the morning he wasn't thinking any better. He was stuck between what was best for him and what was best for the little girl, he tried to imagine what she looked like. He tried to imagine a small child that could be his, he tried but failed. He looked up at the white ceiling, sweat almost forming on him before he sat up and pulled his shirt off throwing it the corner of the large room. He knew when he woke at nine that morning that something was wrong. He knew it, but he expected something totally different to come at him. He expected something simple to happen, like someone injured themselves or recording was called off, but no it was a phone call telling him that he had a small little girl to call his own. It shocked him, god did it shock him, but he just wasn't sure what he expected to do. Finally Louis rose from the bed, the blanket falling off him as he ran his fingers through his mess of a hair.

"Lou..." Eleanor moaned from the bed, she was half asleep but noticed that he was no longer next to her. She opened her eyes looking to Louis as he bit his lip.

"Yeah...?" He murmured in reply. Eleanor, that was another thing that made his situation worse. How on earth would he tell his girlfriend that he had a child? How did he expect her to stick around if there was a three year old in the picture?

"It's two in the morning..." El continued. "Why are you getting up...?"

"Can't sleep..." He said truthfully. Eleanor nodded closing her eyes and quickly falling back to sleep. Louis sighed, walking into the ensuite bathroom and standing over the sink.

"What do i do...?" He muttered to himself. He turned the tap on and sprayed water on his face hoping he'd find the solution by calming down. He looked in the mirror at his reflection clenching his fist to be blunt he was pissed off. It shocked him how he was only twenty yet whoever he spoke to today had expected him to flat out say he would take in the small girl. He wished he could say that, he felt terrible for not after all if it was his child wouldn't he have to? He sighed, spraying his face with water again before turning the tap off., and there he stayed staring at his reflection in total thought.

________________________________________________________________________________

(A/N

OKAY THIS IS MY FIRST STORY AND I KNOW THIS IS PROBABLY SHIT I KNOW I KNOW SO DON'T TELL ME IT IS

I WOULD REALLY LIKE SOME FEEDBACK SO IF YOU WOULD PLEASE COMMENT :)

AND IF YOU'RE GOING TO HATE ON ME THEN JUST BYE

-PAIGE