Part 2) Chapter Thirty-Two

Start from the beginning

Percy's expression morphed into one of seriousness, along with a bit of guilt.

"Annabeth," he repeated quietly, staring at the ground. There was a moment of silence that floated between us before Percy's eyes drifted back up to me. "Annabeth's a strong person, and I know you know that too. She...hasn't exactly gotten over it yet. but she can handle it. Just, try not to show any pity to her. She'll hate that."

I cracked a smile. "I can understand that. I hate pity too, yet you always kept giving it to me," I said in a teasing tone.

Percy sighed exasperatedly. "Hey, I was trying to be your friend, you know? That was not pity."

"Yeah, yeah," I waved his statements off, "whatever you say."

Percy rolled his eyes and took his hand away from mine, leaving my hand feeling a bit colder than the rest of my body.

He wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me toward him so my chest touched his. "I tried to become your friend, but look what happened. We're both together and happy, right?"

I smiled, wrapping my arms around his neck, pulling his face down so that it was inches apart from mine. I felt a bit awkward being so close and intimate to Percy in public, but hey, I didn't care anymore. I had Percy with me, and that was all that mattered. If Percy could do this in public, so can I. And anyway, I felt like if I pulled away at that moment, then I would hurt his feelings. And I definitely did not want that.

"Yeah, I'm happy right now," I answered with one of my smiles that used to be rare when Percy first met me. "Are you?"

Percy returned the smile. "Of course I am. Who wouldn't be?"

I chuckled before Percy's lips pressed up against mine. It was at first a passionate kiss, but then it escalated into a more active kiss. Our lips moved sensually against the other, and it was as if time stopped and the world consisted of only Percy and me.

I let out a breathless moan against Percy's lips, and Percy's hands started to slowly rub my sides. One of my hands found its way into Percy's hair, and I fisted at it, making Percy moan.

Percy's tongue ran along my bottom lip, and before I could allow him entrance, we both heard a voice that made us pull away at the speed of light, our faces tinged with red and our lips slightly bruised from all of the kissing.

"Guys! All we want to do is talk!" was what we heard which made us pull away.

I felt extremely embarrassed about the situation Percy and I were caught up in, and when my eyes flickered over to Percy, I could tell he was embarrassed too.

We looked straight ahead to find Leo and Jason, who were holding back a very eager Silena Beauregard.

I could hear Percy's throat clear as he tried to regain his composure. I decided to do the same, but instead of clearing my throat, I took deep breaths, hoping that my blush would go away and my heart would beat at a slower pace.

Leo sighed, clearly agitated with trying to keep Silena from running over. "Can we let her go now that they know we're here?" he directed at Jason.

Jason shrugged. "I guess so."

Right when I saw then release her, the air in my lungs was knocked right out of me. So much for taking deep breaths.

"Nico! I didn't see you all weekend! I miss you!" Silena jumped up and down while embracing me before stopping and looking at me at an arms length with a bright smile across her flawless face.

"Uh, yeah, hey," I greeted. I didn't think I would ever get used to Silena's tackle-hugs.

"But wait, Silena you saw him on Friday at his birthday party, didn't you?" Jason pointed out.