Part 1) Chapter Thirteen

I was as bored as Hell. Wait, could Hell even be boring?

            I was in Percy’s room on the edge of his blue bed, strumming the strings on my black electric guitar, trying to think of something to do. I didn’t know how boring it could be without Percy. He was at football practice, since he had practice every Sunday. He wanted me to go with him, since he didn’t want to see me super bored and with that look of forlorn he always described me to have whenever I was alone. I told him to go without me, but he almost managed to drag me away, until I got a phone call from the library right when half of my body was being dragged out of the door.

            The phone call was from my boss from the library. She was really nice, and her name was Athena. She was informing me that I haven’t been working at the library for about a week now, and she wanted me to come back and help out. I told Percy, but Percy only pouted and told me to “not get lonely” before he left. But when I got there and Athena asked me why I haven’t been coming to work, I told her my whole story. She was like my second mother to me, and I loved her. The only thing that shocked me was when she told me that her daughter was Annabeth after my story, and that she strongly despised the idea of me staying with Percy, since she hated him so much. She then told me that it was okay for me to take a break for awhile, but I had no idea what changed her mind.

            So, I only obliged and went home. And now all I was doing was strumming the strings on my black as midnight guitar. Why did I feel so bored now? Before all of…this happened, I never got bored, but now I felt as if I could die from boredom.  I did the same things I did before all of this happened, but I still felt super bored. Something changed about me, but I couldn’t place my finger on it. I didn’t feel any different, so why did the activities that made me entertained before made me super bored? Maybe I just got tired of doing those activities, but that still wasn’t enough to convince me.

            The doorbell rang, and I could hear someone from downstairs go and answer the door. I heard some chatting between the person that answered the door and the person that rang the doorbell, but I didn’t really care at the moment. It was probably some neighbor or someone that they knew really well. So, I continued to strum the strings of my guitar.

            I was more than surprised when Percy’s door swung open to find Sally standing there with a gentle smile on her face, and another person behind her, though who it was I couldn’t see.

            “Hi?” I awkwardly greeted, not sure how I should’ve approached this. No one in the Jackson/Blofis household didn’t even know I was home. They all thought I went to work at the library when Percy went to go to football practice. I didn’t really sneak in when I came home, if that’s what you’re thinking. Sally was in the back in the garden working on watering the plants when I came in. Tyson was upstairs doing who knows what in his room, and Paul was at work. So, how did Sally know I was in my room?

            Oh yeah, I haven’t mentioned this to you guys, but yesterday on Saturday after dinner, which was after Percy and I finished painting my walls, I found out that Paul’s last name was “Blofis”, but everyone else has the surname of Jackson. Well, Sally recently changed her last name to “Blofis”, so it was just Percy and Tyson that had the surnames of “Jackson”. Since I knew Paul was Percy’s step-father, I asked him what his last name was, since I got a bit curious. So, Paul answered that his last name was “Blofis”, while Percy laughed and made the ridiculous comment that it sounded just like “Blowfish”. I only smacked my forehead and sighed heavily when it happened.

            I also forgot to mention why I was in Percy’s room at the moment. I was so caught up with being super bored that I forgot to explain everything. Since my walls in my new room were just recently painted, they weren’t exactly dry yet. And, I couldn’t stay in my room because all the furniture was pushed into the center of the room so the paint could dry. I could go into my room and get some of the stuff that I wanted, but Sally recommended that I shouldn’t sleep in my room, since all the furniture was crowded into the center, and it was hard getting access to everything.