Part 2) Chapter Twenty-Three

It would only be three more days until my birthday. I used to never make such a big deal out of that one day; I would treat it like a normal day. But so many things happened, so I guess making a big deal out of my birthday wasn't anything new.

The weather was still a bit cold. Let me correct that: really cold. But, at least it seldom snowed here. If it snowed, then I would be freezing to death. I was always sensitive to the cold around me, which was why I always wore a jacket. Some people found me crazy for wearing a jacket all the time, but now you know.

When I arrived at school, Silena skipped over to us and swung her arms around my neck.

"Hey, guys!" Silena greeted cheerfully, glancing at Percy and me.

"Hey, SIlena. What's up?" Percy flashed her a bright smile.

"Hm, nothing really. I was just hanging out with the others. Do you want to come with me?" Silena cocked her head to the side. "How about you Nico? Do you want to come with me?"

I frowned and shook my head. "No, thanks. I'm fine." I glanced at Percy. "You could go if you want."

"Then what would you do?" Percy inquired.

I shrugged nonchalantly. "Go to the tree I always go to, I guess."

Percy frowned. I guessed he didn't like the idea.

Percy turned to Silena and shook his head. "I'll be staying with my boyfriend, if that's okay with you." He glanced my way and winked at me, making me turn away and hide my blush that threatened to show itself.

Silena giggled at how Percy referred to me as. "Alright-y then! I'll stay with you guys, if that's okay? Would I ruin the moment?" She added a teasing tone to her voice in the last sentence.

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever, Silena."

"We did have a pretty Rated M moment last night." Percy smirked.

"Did you really have to mention that, Percy?"

"Yes, in fact, I did have to," Percy triumphantly said. "Why? Are you embarrassed?" His smirk grew.

I gritted my teeth. "Shut up, Percy." Percy could only laugh.

Silena gasped and her eyes widened. "Oh my God! Seriously?! Like, just last night?!"

I nodded. "Yeah, why?"

"Oh my God that's amazing!" She placed her hands upon my shoulders and began to jump up and down in place. "This—is—just—amazing!" She said with each jump. She stopped and squealed. "You guys are just so cute together!"

I stared at her with an odd expression across my face. "Maybe you're overreacting about that," I said slowly.

Silena pouted. "I am not! It's true!"

I rolled my eyes. "Okay, whatever, Silena."

Silena could only cross her arms over her chest and sigh as a response.

"When does school even start?" I decided to ask. It was rare for me to bring up a topic to talk about, but I just wanted to get off of the topic we were on.

Silena shrugged and pulled out her phone. "Well, school starts at seven fifty-five, so we have about sixteen minutes until school starts."

I sighed. "It's only seven thirty-nine?"

Silena nodded. "Wow, Percy. You have a really smart boyfriend. I can never do mental math." She suddenly giggled. "Why do you always get into relationships with such smart people, yet you are the total opposite?"