Part 1) Chapter Six

I can’t believe this was happening. Wait, have I already mentioned that before? Well, whatever. I still can’t believe this was happening.

            Percy’s room was a little messy, but at least it wasn’t so messy that I had the sudden urge to clean it up. There were a few clothing items strewn on the floor, and the bed wasn’t made, but otherwise, it looked pretty clean. There were various posters and pictures hung on the wall, and if I were to describe the room in one word, I would say: blue. The walls were blue, most of the posters were blue, the picture frames were blue, most of the clothes on the ground were blue, the bed was blue, and most of the things on his desk were blue. At least everything wasn’t blue, or I would’ve gotten a massive headache from all the blue. Or, I probably would’ve walked out of this room seeing everything in blue forever.

            “Wow,” was the only coherent thing I could comment.

            Percy chuckled. “I know what you’re thinking. Everything here is blue.”

“Yes actually, that was exactly what I was thinking,” I answered with a smile. My lips tilted downward once I realized I was smiling. Shit, I totally forgot that I told Percy I would tell him everything. Shit, shit shit. I didn’t want to do it, but Percy just seemed so sad about it and…I will never be able to keep a secret from my secret lover again.

            Percy frowned at me. “Nico…” he started to say.

            I shook my head. “You…want to know the story, right?”

            “Nico, you don’t…you don’t have to.”

            I shook my head once again. “You wanted to know, right? And anyway, you keep worrying about me, and I hate that.” My next sentence was only a mere murmur. “And, I’m not someone worth worrying over.”

            Percy’s expression was sorrowful. “Nico, if you don’t want to, I won’t force you. I’m just curious. If it makes you feel bad, then I won’t force you into doing it.”

            I sighed. “I’m still going to tell it to you. I’ve made up my mind already.”

            You’re probably wondering: why didn’t I deny his offer? Well, first of all, I did make up my mind that I was going to tell him no matter what. Secondly, whenever I stopped smiling, I hated seeing that look for forlorn clouding his face, like it has his fault or something. And thirdly, I hated the thought of him not knowing, like I was keeping a secret from him. And, I wanted to share everything with Percy, not counting the crush on him.

            Percy still looked unsure of the decision I made, but he obliged. “If you want…” Percy led me to his very blue bed before I started my story. We sat down on the edge, while Percy slung his right arm around my shoulder, most likely for comfort. But, I couldn’t help feeling nervous about what Percy would think about the story. Would he think I was lying about it? Would he think I left something out? And secondly, I was really nervous about being so close to Percy. I mean, I did have this huge crush on him and all. But right now, that wasn’t important.

            I took a deep breath, trying to calm my mind, and began my story.

[[Flashback]]

            “Bye, Mommy! Bye, Sis!” I waved goodbye to the white car backing out of the driveway, and disappearing around a corner.

            My father set his hand on my shoulder. “Let’s go inside now, alright? I’ll be in my office working if you need anything.”