Part 1) Chapter Two

“Uh, what…are you doing here?” I decided to ask in the most normal way I possibly could.

            “Well,” Percy drawled, a small, friendly smile still on his face, “I was hanging out here at this park with some of my other friends after school, and we happened to hear your music. My friends aren’t really a big fan of classical music, but my step-dad got me into it, since he listens to it around the house all the time and whatnot. So, I decided to follow the music and see who was playing it. You play the violin really well. My step-father would love meeting you, you know?” Percy’s smile became wider. “I’m—”

            “Percy Jackson,” I finished, though it kind of just came out rather than me finishing it.

            Percy stared at me surprised. Of course he would do that, he didn’t even know I went to his school, so how could I ever know his name? I probably sounded like a stalker to him.

            “How did you know my name?” Percy ventured, head slightly tilted to the side with one eyebrow raised.

            I opened my mouth, but closed it. Should I tell Percy I went to his school? I mentally shook my head. Percy would just keep bothering me at school, trying to become friends with me. I mean, who would want to become friends with me? It was such a ridiculous idea, becoming friends with me. Plus, he would most likely find out about my father and those bullies beating me up all the time. Sure, I wanted help, but I don’t want sympathy. That was a huge no no for me.

            So, I decided not to tell him. “Not important.” I stared off to the side where my black violin case was. I just wanted to be alone today, even if it was Percy Jackson that I happened to find.

            Percy looked like he wanted to say something else, but he decided to say something different. “Alright, I guess. What’s your name?”

            I sighed. “Nico. Nico di Angelo.”

            “Nico?” Percy furrowed his brows. “I feel like I’ve heard that from somewhere. It sounds familiar to me. Nico di Angelo….where have I heard that before?”

            I raised an eyebrow. “I don’t think you’ve ever heard of me. No one knows my name, except for my father and my teachers.”

            Percy still continued his puzzled expression. “Well, why not? What about your friends and the rest of your family?”

            I tensed. We were delving deeper into a topic I hated talking about, especially with someone who barely knew me. “Not important.”

            Percy smirked. “You say that a lot to get out of conversations.”

            “Do I?” I replied. “I don’t have human interaction with people a lot, so I don’t really know if I do that.”

            Percy’s puzzled expression returned. “Really? You’re one confusing guy, Nico. How come you never talk to people?”

            I shook my head. “Not important.”

            Percy rolled his eyes. “Again with the ‘not important’ stuff. Oh well, guess I can’t do anything about it. But, what was that song you were playing called?”

            My lips tilted downward. “It doesn’t have a name.”

            Percy’s head tilted sideways more. “Well, why not? Don’t all songs have a title? I wanted to show my step-dad this music and tell him I found someone playing it on their violin at the park.”