Part 1) Chapter One

I woke up with this searing pain throughout my chest, and I felt like I was kicked in the crotch area or whatnot. My head was throbbing like I had a headache, even though I was just recently sleeping the night away. Oh right, my father beat me up again. So, I wasn’t imagining all this pain surging throughout my body. Great. Just what I needed. I’m surprised I’m not immune to pain yet. Yet.

            My slowly got up, cursing under my breath because of it. My father was most likely sleeping; he doesn’t work, I have to. I work at the library, since I love reading so much (crazy, right? Or is it just me?). I get paid a decent amount from there, since my boss takes pity on me. Which is something I do not need either.

            At least my legs don’t hurt, so I could walk to school. But, I should probably sneak out so I don’t wake up my father. I’ve never tried waking him up in the morning, but I knew it wouldn’t be very pretty.

            So, as quietly and as best as I could without screaming my lungs off from all the pain, I went to the bathroom and attempted to shut the door so quietly, I was afraid I would be there for an hour. After I (finally) shut the door, I did what normal people did—minus taking pain relieving pills, just so I could subside the pain during school. I didn’t (never) have any time to make breakfast, so I slipped through the half-open door and set my destination to my school: Thunderway High School.

            I was a freshman at Thunderway High. High school never took such a toll on me, since I was pretty smart. I was a fast learner, and I always got good grades. I was pretty fortunate this happened to me, since I have to deal so much with other things [cough, Father, cough, bullies, cough]. Anyway, like I said before, I was a nobody. The only people that actually noticed me were the teachers, principals, et cetera. None of the students ever paid any attention to me.

            I had a crush on a guy named Percy Jackson though. He was part of the football team, but the team captain was another guy named Jason Grace. Jason Grace was pretty nice, though, I’ve never talked to him. I didn’t think he wanted to talk to a guy like me anyway. He had blonde hair that was styled in the front with gel so it looked like a small triangle (even if I was smart, I hated school probably as much as you do). He really liked to wear purple colored T-shirts, but I wasn’t sure if it was his favorite color or something. He had electric blue eyes and a small scar on his lip. He had an older sister named Thalia Grace, but she was a senior. Jason Grace was a junior.

            Percy Jackson, my crush. He was also a junior. He had black, windswept hair like he standing on a windy beach for hours trying to keep his hair that way. He had stunning emerald green eyes, and perfectly tanned skin. He always had a smile plastered on his face; I had never seen him mad, sad, depressed, et cetera. He always wore either an orange T-shirt or blue, but I can tell his favorite color was blue, since he wore that more often. What? I wasn’t a stalker for knowing what colors he wore more. Of course not. He had a girlfriend named Annabeth Chase, and let me just tell you, I was pretty jealous.

            Annabeth Chase is what you may consider as an Honors student. She always had the top grades in her classes, and I only know that because I hear it around school all the time, so she was pretty smart. Probably even smarter than me. She had curly blonde hair that was always tied back into a tight ponytail. She usually wore shorts and orange T-shirts that usually matched with Percy’s. She was very social, so she had many friends.

 Jason, Percy, and Annabeth were considered the “popular kids”, along with a few others. If I would name the others, they would be Hazel Levesque, Frank Zhang, Piper McLean, Leo Valdez, Reyna Avila-Ramirez Arellano (don’t ask how I remember her whole last name), Malcolm Chase, Kayla Solace, Will Solace, Katie Gardner, Miranda Gardiner, Charles Beckendorf, Butch Iris, Silena Beauregard, Jake Mason, and Michael Yew.