Part 1) Chapter Eighteen

I blinked blankly at him. “Seriously? But…but what about Annabeth?”

            “I’ll talk to her about it,” Percy reassured.

            “No, you are not,” I objected. “Last time you said that you would ‘deal with it’, Annabeth is now in tears.”

            Percy sighed, probably mentally agreeing with me. “Look, I’ll try to reason with her. I know Annabeth, and she won’t take it horribly if I explain everything to her and how it happened. Sure she’ll be hurt, but it’s better if she understands.”

            “Wait,” I said, “when you said ‘explain everything’, does that mean you’re going to…?”

            Percy shook his head. “I’ll try to leave it out.”

            “Well, you can tell if you want,” I stated. “She told me about her life, and I needed to tell her mine anyway. And also, we should wait for her to recover a bit before we throw all of this at her. And, I need to get used to this as well.”

            Percy raised an eyebrow. “Get used to what?”

            I shrugged. “Even if I am in love with you,” my lips tilted downward at what I just said out loud, “I’m not…ready to be with you, I guess. I don’t know, this is a very awkward topic for me.” I sighed.

            Percy smiled, released one of his arms that were around my waist, and patted my head. “Don’t worry; I got the gist of it.”

            I swatted his hand away. “I’m not a dog,” I grumbled.

            Percy chuckled in amusement. “Yeah, yeah, I got it.”

            “But,” I started, “are you sure?” I narrowed my eyes at him.

            Percy arched an eyebrow. “Sure about what?” I gave him a few moments until the gears started to turn in his head. “About…about us? Why wouldn’t I?”

            I frowned at him. I sighed and pulled my forehead away from his. “I still think you’re making a huge mistake about being with me. I’m not very convinced.”

            Percy exasperatedly sighed. His grip around my waist tightened. “Just you wait, Nico.” There was a determined glint in his emerald green eyes. “I’ll show you how much I actually want to be with you.” He smiled at me. “I really do love you, and I’ll show you just how much I really do. I’d announce to the whole world my love for you.”

            “Uh,” I awkwardly began, “don’t do that.”

            Percy gave a small laugh. “I won’t if you don’t want me to. But, I am serious about it.”

            I raised an eyebrow. “You’re serious about announcing your love for me to the whole world?”

             Percy chuckled. “I am serious about that, but that’s not what I meant. I meant that I’m serious about showing you how much I really love you. To tell you the truth, I want to stay in this position with you forever.”

            “Well, standing forever would be pretty uncomfortable.” The red spreading across my face was pretty evident.

            Percy smirked and whispered into my ear. His warm breath sent shivers down my spine. “Then, maybe you would want to stay in this position with me in bed? A little less clothes wouldn’t hurt either.”