"How's dad?" Amiyah asked her mom.

The phone got quiet for a few seconds. Then Renee sighed and said "he's been in his office a lot. He hasn't really talked since you left."

"And why not? Why does he do this? I am happy living out my dreams mama. Can't he see that?"

"I know baby. I'm gonna keep talking to him. He will eventually come around."

"Will He Mama? It's a shame that you and A accepted me but he can't. Vicky parents accepts me." Amiyah said getting upset.

"I know I know. And I'm sorry baby. Just don't focus on that. You have a big day today and don't let what your father says or do hinder that."

"I know mama. But I want his support too. This is a big move for me and he's no where to be found for support. All he cares about is me changing back into his son. I was never a son. I was always a girl trapped in a boys body."

"I know baby. And I understand. Some people just take more time to realize that makes a person happy. Listen I love you. Get your head in the game. I'll talk to you later ok Amiyah."

"Fine mama. I love you too." Amiyah said hanging the phone up.

I walked to my car and got in. Backing out my drive way to head to the shop my cell rings again. I was getting tired of it ringing now. I didn't look at the caller ID this time. I just answered it.

"Hello."

"Good morning bitch you ready for today?" Vicky said.

I laughed as she talked.

"Yes girl I'm ready."

"Good cause I just unlocked the shop and the line is building up. Get your ass down here. The girls I hired is here and working."

"Ok I'm about to pull up."

I drove the rest of the way and pulled up to the shop. I be damned Vicky was right. The line was wrapping around the building. I smile creeped on my face.

I got out the car and walked in. I went and put my things down and started working the line. Once we got the line under control we started moving them in and out.

We was on it this morning. Right as I finished my last head I saw Erik walk in with his friends. They walked over to my booth and spoke.

"Well hello beautiful. I see you busy this morning." He said licking his lips.

"I am. Is these your friends you was telling me about?"

"Yeah it is. This is my boy Darius and his girl Amy."

"Nice to meet you both." I said shaking their hands.

"So how long have you guys been doing hair?" I asked.

"Well I have since I was about 18. I have all my licenses and I'm ready to work." Amy said.

"I like that enthusiasm. When can you start?"

"I can start today if you need me to."

"Ok. You see that pretty fine ass girl at the desk?" I said.

She laughed and said "yes."

"Her name is Victoria but we call her Vicky. That's my partner. Go over there and she will direct you to your booth."

"What about me? I have been cutting hair for a minute. I got my barbers license too. Can I start today?" Darius asked.

"Sure you can. Go follow her over to Vicky and she will instruct you."

They walked over to Vicky but Erik stayed.

"So did I come through for you or what?"

"You did. Thank you."

"No problem at all. But I do have a proposal for you."

"And what is that?"

"Can I take you out? Dinner on me. Tonight at 8."

"Wow you want to take me out?"

"I mean hell yeah. So is that a yes?"

I blushed and said "yeah it's a date."

Erik walked up to me closing the gap between us and kissed my cheek.

"See you tonight."

They getting close!!!!!

Will she tell him about her life?????

Is her dad wrong for not supporting her???

Comment and vote!!!!

I will update this book once it hits 75 reads. Please don't be ghost readers. Comment and let me know what y'all think.

Follow me if you haven't already. Read my other books as well. Thanks for all my readers. ❤️❤️❤️