The BBQ

We made it back to Eriks house for the BBQ. A and I was the first ones to get there from my crew. We got out the car and walked to the door. We rung the door bell. Erik came to door and kissed my lips. He gave A dap and we walked in.

"I'm so glad you was able to come Aaron. I really want to get to know you guys more." Erik said to him as they walked in the kitchen.

"Same here. Thanks for the invite. Will there be chicks here too?" Aaron asked him.

"Well I know my mom, dad , and brother will be here. I invited my homey and his girl. I don't know about anyone else." Erik said as he seasoned the baked beans.

"You know I'm looking for some." Aaron said rubbing his hands together.

"Stop it A. You embarrassing me." Amiyah said as she hit his arm.

"Hey you got your man. I'm trying to be someone man too." Aaron said with a chuckle.

They all laughed when the door bell rings again. Erik walked to the door and opened it. In comes Amy and Darius. They all greeted each other and they walked in.

"Hey there Amiyah." Amy said to her.

"Hey girl how are you?" She said back.

"I'm well. Ready to eat some of this food." Amy said.

"Me too. But I'm a bit nervous." Amiyah admitted.

"Why is that?" Amy asked.

Amiyah pulled her in a corner of the room and whispered to her.

"My mom and dad is coming. I'm not ready for this yet. And Erik is determined for me to meet his parents too." Amiyah said nervous.

"Wow that's a big step." Amy said.

"I know and there is things that I haven't told Erik. I just think it's too soon." Amiyah said.

"What other things have you not told him yet?" Amy asked all ears to hear.

"If I tell you this you can't say nothing." Amiyah said to her.

"What is it?" Amy asked waiting for her to say.

"No. Promise me you won't say nothing. I can't have this out in the public. Promise me." Amiyah said stern.

Amy knew she was serious about whatever secret she had. She knew it had to be something very serious for her to ask her to promise her.

"I promise girl. What is it? You are scaring me." Amy said.

Amiyah looked away and took a deep breath. She looks over at Erik and back at Amy.

"Girl this must be serious. You want to go off and talk?" Amy asked her grabbing her arm.

"Yes let's go to the back." Amiyah said walking her to Eriks room.

They walked in the room and closed the door. They sat on the bed. Amiyah took a deep breath and faced Amy.

"Well umm. When I was born I wasn't what you see today." Amiyah said.