What Is It?

"Is this the last paper to sign? I'm ready to go now." Erik said to his lawyer.

"Yes sir. This is the last one. Now are you sure this is what you want to do? After I file these, there's no turning back. So I advise you think about this a little more before signing this last paper." Kristof said to Erik.

"There's no need to think. I'm sure." Erik said signing the last paper and pushing it over.

"Alright. Well I'll put this in immediately and give you a call once everything is settled." Kristof said stacking all the papers they signed and put them all in a folder with Erik's name on them.

"Thank you Kristof. I look forward to your call." Erik said as he shook his hand and stood up to leave the office.

"Sure thing. Stop by Linda's desk and get your next appointment as well." Kristof said to him.

Erik opened the door and closed it behind him. He stopped by Linda's desk and got his next appointment card and walked out the door. Walking to his truck, his cell started ringing again. He unlocked it and got inside. He looked at the caller Id to see that it was Amiyah again. He sent her to voicemail. He crunk up and drove from the office. He dialed A number and waited for him to answer.

"Yo!" Aaron said as he answered the phone.

"I was calling you back bruh." Erik said to him as he drove.

"Now back to this lawyer thing. What are you doing man?" Aaron said to him in a concerned voice.

"A just let this be man. I got it all under control." Erik said to him.

"And what is that exactly huh? Are you leaving my sister?" Aaron asked him getting a little aggravated.

"I didn't say anything about leaving your sister did I. I just said leave this be and I got this under control." Erik said to Aaron trying to stay firm and not get mad.

"That ain't telling me shit. I need to know. Hell she needs to know. Have you even talked to her since you been gone?" Aaron asked him as a matter of fact.

"No I haven't talked to her. I told you I needed a break from her. I'm headed home so I will talk with her then." Erik said as he continued to drive.

"Don't you think you should at least check in. Hell she been calling me and asking me to check on you. You ain't my man. But you are her Husband!" Aaron said.

"I know that. And I told you I'm on the way home. I needed this time away from her. She is doing too much right now. And I don't want her going back in the hospital cause she wants to keep asking the same damn questions over and over again. I need time to adjust and think on what I want to do about this entire situation." Erik told him as he turned the corner to park at the nearby park.

"Ok and I get that. But y'all need to sit down and really talk this over. I mean we all was damaged by this not just y'all." Aaron said to him trying to explain the deepness of it.

"I hear you man. But at this point there's nothing we need to do as of now. I am not leaving your sister right now. I love her. And I want her better. That's all that counts. But to know she lied to me the way she did is not gonna just up and go away. And then for her to say she wouldn't have told me still if she had to do it all over again makes it worse. You got to see that for what it is man." Erik said getting upset all over again.

"I get that. Just don't make no hasty moves or decisions is all I'm saying." A said to him.

"I hear you. Well I just pulled up home so I'll hit you later bruh." Erik said getting out the truck and putting the alarm on it.

"Aight man be easy. Love you bruh." Aaron said to Erik.

"Love you too bruh. One." Erik said as he hung the phone up.

Unlocking the door and cutting the alarm off, Erik walked in and placed his keys on the counter. He went and sat in the living room and took a deep breath. He wasn't in there 30 seconds before Amiyah was rushing in on him.

"Where the hell have you been? I've been calling you and you been sending me to voicemail. Like what the fuck?" Amiyah yells at Erik with her hands on her hips.

"First of all, calm down before you get sick again. Have you taken your meds?" Erik asked trying to calm her down.

"Yes I did. But let's not change the subject. Answer me!" Amiyah yells.

"Should I really? Do you really want me to answer that question huh? Like I don't think you need to poke the bear right now Miyah

"Should I really? Do you really want me to answer that question huh? Like I don't think you need to poke the bear right now Miyah. I suggest you sit your ass down and calm yourself." Erik said getting a little tick with her approach at him.

Amiyah was shocked to how Erik just talked to her. She has had his max stages but this one was a little different. She sat down across from him and calmed down like he told her.

"Good. Now the reason I didn't answer and I sent you to voicemail is because I needed a break from you. All you been doing is crying and asking me the same damn questions I told you not to ask. I needed some time alone to clear my head and think. Is that too much to ask?" Erik spilled to her.

Amiyah just looked at him with tears in her eyes. She really saw that she was getting on his nerves. She just didn't want to loose him. But she see now that she has really hurt him.

"I'm sorry baby. I just don't..." Amiyah said before Erik cut her off.

"Don't even say that shit please. Just turn on the tv and come sit by me. We ain't doing this right now." Erik said stern.

Amiyah did what he said and didn't open her mouth anymore.

It's getting real!!!

Comment and vote!!!!!

Just a few more chapters!!!!