"Wait, I'll ask the doctor," Juanmas mother replied. The doctor agreed. Alvaro had meanwhile gone out to speak with Lupe on the phone.

Mia entered the hospital room. Juanma had a bandage on his head and his blueprint was monitored. He looked like he was sleeping. At one point, she remembered when Juanma had fallen asleep with his head in her lap

She sat down in the chair beside his bed and took his hand. Tears ran down her face and she kept saying, "Please wake up"

Alvaro looked into the room and asked Mia to come outside. He was chalk-white. Lupe had admitted, after some back and forth, what had really happened. That, that was true what Juanma Mia had told.

Mia said, "then we are to blame,

for .... "Alvaro interrupted her and said," Go back inside. He will want to see you when he awakes". Mia was not sure he would want that, but took her place at his bedside again.

She stroked his hand and whispered "I didn't want that"

After a while, she sensed that Juanma was moving his fingers in her hand. With closed eyes he whispered "What did you not want"

Mia almost screamed in relief "Juanma, you are awake" "Where am I and what happened, anyway?" He asked. "You had an accident, you were hit by a car". Juanma didn't say anything for a moment. His last memory was that he was having trouble with Lupe on the phone. And before that fight with Alvaro and Mia. Gradually, his memory of the argument and the telephone conversation came back. He turned his head to Mia, who had lowered her eyes and was still crying. She whispered, "I should have let you talk. I should have listened to you ".

"You knew what happened, Mia," Juanma said softly, "I told you one by one what had happened. But please stop crying, Mia. I can understand it. "

Carefully, Mia rested her head on his arm. She calmed down slowly.

Then she said, "There could have happened so much more to you ." "Shhh," Juanma said. "But it isn't. Mia. Please. I'm not angry with you, either. " Slowly he dozed off again.

A nurse came in. Mia told her that he was awake for a short while and the nurse said he needed rest and she had to leave now. When Mia tried to pull her hand out of his, he held her firmly, "No, please don't go," he said. "Please stay"

The sister checked some values. She wanted to ask the doctor if Mia could stay.

The doctor looked in and said, "Hello, I'm dr. Lopez You can still stay but he must not get upset and not get up alone ".

Alvaro was in the door again and Mia quietly indicated that she would stay. Alvaro would go to school alone.

The whole crying had totally exhausted Mia. She rested her head on Juanma's arm and fell asleep. She also did not realize that the nurse came a few times and to check the values ​​again and again. She woke up when she felt Juanma stroking her head. He looked at her. He looked better.

"So I have to get hit by a car first, that I can wake up with you again," he grinned slightly.

Mia looked at him and asked, "How are you feeling?"

"Better, my head hurts a bit and I fell on my shoulder, but I'm fine. I hope that they let me go today "

A short time later Dr. Lopez came again in the room. He asked Juanma how he was doing. Juanma replied: "The headaches are still strong and in between, I feel dizzy, but all in all better." "For safety, we have set tomorrow again a head CT," said the doctor.

"Oh No, that means I have to stay here overnight." Mia could hear the desperation in Juanma's voice. "This niht you need to stay, yes, we'll see everything else tomorrow." Juanma's eyes darkened. Mia squeezed his hand. She turned to the doctor. "May I stay with him." Lopez said, "No, that's not possible." As he saw into the disappointed faces of the two , he sighed: "My young patient seems to feel better when you're here. Alright, I'm making an exception. Can you spend the night here in this chair? "" "That's alright,"Mia quickly asserted." Ok, but you have to go out again soon, when the nurse comes, and he can not get up alone yet. ""Sure, "Mia replied fast. Later, when she had to wait outside, she wrote messages to Ramiro, Zoe and Alvaro, so no one had to worry.

Ramiro replied that she should greet Juanma, Zoe sent a thumbs up and a meaningful smiley and Alsaro wrote "ok, then hopefully see you tomorrow for the match."

When she was allowed back in, Juanma grabbed her hand. "You really prefer to spend a night in a chair than in your bed?"

Mia squeezed his hand back and said, "I saw your disappointed look that you had to stay and thought it would be easier to take it when I'm here.

The night nurse came again, she brought Juanma a painkiller. He was now tired again.

When she was gone, he told Mia to lie down with him, the bed was big enough and definitely more comfortable than the chair.

Mia thought for a moment and then accepted the offer. Juanma fell asleep very quickly. Mia lay awake for a while. She still felt very bad about all.