Chapter Fifty-Four

I smiled down at my phone.

‘What’s wrong?’ Demi laughed, ‘why are you smiling like a fool?’

I turned the phone to face her and Christian, as he came running over.

‘Aaaaww!’ they both said at the same time, grins spreading across their faces. ‘Now I’m missing him, thanks a lot!’ Demi laughed lunching my arm.

‘You guys wanna be part of what I send him back?’ I smiled.

‘Um … yeah!’ she smiled pulling Christian along behind us as we went into the penthouse.

‘Okay, guys help me unpack the outdoor lights we bought for the terrace and Demi can you get me an extension cable? ‘ I smiled.

15 minutes later I was holding the camera at arms length so my smiling face was in the corner, behind me we had written ‘I <3 you x’ in the snow in lights. I walked back in where Demi and Christian were sitting with mugs of hot chocolate, watching one of the Christmas films they picked up at the store. I grabbed the mug they had made for me from the counter and sat down beside them.

‘So did he like it? Did he text back …oh did he call? Did you cry? Do you miss him?’ Demi said excitedly.

I smiled, ‘no … no nothing yet’ she looked down.

‘You know he’s in Antarctica, maybe he has no signal’ Christian smiled.

‘yeah you’re probably right’ I laughed and turned to see what they were watching. ‘The Santa Claus?’ I laughed.

‘It’s a Christmas Classic!’ Christian smiled.

‘Hey we could spend the night down here if you want? Like a mini sleepover? ‘I laughed at how nerdy I sounded.

They both nodded. I ran upstairs and grabbed three sleeping bags and ran back downstairs. 2 movies, 30 mugs of hot chocolate and 7 bags of mini marshmallows later I turned off the TV. Demi was sleeping and it was just me and Christian. We looked around the place, boxes, decorations, fake snow, food, wrappers - the place was a mess.

‘I’m gonna go take some of this down to the bins outside’ I whispered standing up.

‘I’ll come with you’ he smiled.

‘No don’t be silly’ I laughed putting all the crap in a trash bag.

‘Molly it’s 3 in the morning I’m not letting you out alone’ he unzipped his sleeping bag.

‘Christian! I’m only going downstairs honey, and as you said it’s 3 in the morning, it’ll be dead’ I laughed.

‘Molly?! What would Justin say if he knew you were going out at 3 by yourself?’ he said standing up in his sleeping bag. Well, truth be told, Justin would never let me go and he probably wouldn’t be happy that I was but whats the big deal? I’m a big girl and I can handle myself. And it’s only down the stairs for Christ sake!

‘Justin’s not here’ I smirked, I bolted to the lift before he could stop me, ‘And you can’t stop me!’ I shouted laughing as the lift went down. I thought about how much I missed him. But I don’t need people wrapping me in bubble wrap. I can handle myself. Nothing is even going to happen to me, what kind of neighbourhood does he think we live in?

I laughed to myself as the lift opened and I walked out the front door. It was freezing and the snow was falling so I hurried around the corner to the back of the parking lot. There were a group of guys that I had to walk past to get to the bins. Ah they looked about my age, they were nothing to worry about.

‘Hey why you in such a hurry Baby?’ one of them slurred. Ugh I could smell the drink from where I was.

I ignored him and tried to walk around them, 2 of them stepped in front of me, I just kept looking down. ‘Not up for a chat?’ another slurred at me putting his hand on my face. I turned my head away and tried to push past them. The first guy pushed me hard against the wall, slamming my back onto it.

‘Aaargh, what the fuck?!’ I shouted I launched at him kicking him in the stomach. He doubled over then his friend pushed him out the way and took over.. He punched my face hard, I barely saw it coming, but boy did I feel it.

‘Give us your money and whatever’s in your pockets!’ he spat in my face. I saw him reach in his pocket and I saw the glint of a blade.

‘I haven’t got anything, I’m in my pyjamas fuckwit!’ I screamed. I actually had my phone, but luckily it was in my bra, not my pockets so when he looked down at them they were empty.

‘whats the need for the attitude Bitch?!’ he slurred loudly.

‘Fuck you!’ I shouted back. The next thing I felt a sharp burning pain in my right wrist. The pain moved from there through my arm and across my stomach. I screamed out in pain. Suddenly the pain all became too much for me and I collapsed. Just before I blacked out I remember the guys running away and my phone ringing. It was Justin’s ringtone.