Chapter Fifty

I sighed as I watched him walk out to the balcony. How could she do that? How could she put him through that?! Just when he gets his head around it. Just when he starts to look forward to the baby, when he starts to care about it. She’s just ripped his heart out. If she wasn’t pregnant, I would rip her little heart out. For real.

I ran upstairs to see Christian. He was in the nursery.

I coughed. He looked.

‘hey Molly … I am so sorry, I never meant to hurt to you earlier.’ he said coming closer to me and hugging me.

‘its okay, it’s just a little 4 inch scratch on my arm and a black eye’ I laughed hugging him back. ‘She’s putting the baby up for adoption.’ I said softly.

‘she’s doing what?!’ Christian shouted, stepping back.

I nodded, ‘does she just like to intentionally hurt him?’ I asked with tears in my eyes.

‘I honestly don’t know with that girl. Why would she do that!’ he groaned in frustration. ‘ she put him through all of that, the scan and everything to decide to put the baby up for adoption? Bitch!’ he half shouted as he hugged me.

‘Christian I’ve never seen him so upset.’ I cried into his shoulder, ‘I don’t even know what I can do to help him all I want to do is rip your sisters throat out!’ I cried.

‘Well that makes two of us’ he smiled at me trying to cheer me up.

‘Christian, we’re the two people that are closest to him, what do we do? It kills me when he’s hurt!’ I sat up wiping my eyes.

‘I know, I know, but I don’t think we can do anything this time, I mean killing Caitlin isn’t an option .. Unfortunately that’s illegal.’ I laughed a little.

‘Can’t believe she did this, you guys even have a nursery!’ he shouted. I stayed there crying while Christian hugged me for 20 minutes. The lift pinged. I fixed myself then ran to see who it was.

I ran down the stairs, I checked the balcony before I looked around to see who it was. Justin was just sitting looking into the distance. I turned around.

‘Get out’ I said calmly. It was Caitlin.

‘I guess Lisa’s been then’ she said shyly.

‘Get out right now!’ I shouted. Christian came running down the stairs.

‘Molly are you al-’ he saw Caitlin. ‘What do you want? Haven’t you hurt Molly and Justin enough? You know they have a nursery, they had a practice baby! Justin and her were trying to impress a social worker! Justin was looking forward to taking care of that baby, what kind of person puts people through that to take it all away from them?!’ he shouted. I pulled him back.

‘You don’t understand!’ she shouted back.

‘Maybe he doesn’t but I do!’ I shouted.

‘Molly, listen to me, it’s whats best for the baby!’ she shouted.

‘In your eyes! Justin wanted that baby! He wanted to care for it, protect it, ensure it was never sad! You took it all away from him!’ I shouted.

‘But we aren’t ready! We’re all only 16 we’re still children.’

‘Well we were ready! But you never thought about that! It’s half his child!’

She was silent. ‘But there’s nothing you can do now! It’s been decided right? So while you get off easy because you think you’ve made the right decision, Christian and I are left here picking up the pieces!’