Chapter Four

I sarcastically laughed hysterically. ‘is that meant to be some kind of joke?’ I said widening my eyes.

‘well, no look the text is right here, see?’ he said showing me the text.

‘not the text!’ I said shoving his hand out of the way. ‘I don’t think you understand. Taylor Thompson is like Layla’s best friend. Sure the girl may have a smaller brain than a worm but she’s a genius when it comes to hating me! Justin I can’t go, they want you to bring some super skinny superstar friend not the frumpy, chest of a 6 year old boy mess that I am! I don’t even have anything nice to wear! Unless you want me to roll up in my jeans and converse?!’ I’m pretty sure I was having a mental break down. Oh jesus I would be in beside Cassie soon.

Justin was laughing, he put his hands on my shoulders and shook me. ‘earth to Molly! First of all your going to this party because she said bring friends and well I only have you’

‘oh that makes me feel a lot better, like you HAVE to bring me.’ he sat me down on the bed still holding my shoulders and staring right into my eyes. ‘Molly, I wouldn’t want to go with anyone else but you. You are my gorgeous and amazingly funny best friend’ he smiled. Hold up did he just say gorgeous, woah this was new territory, just 5 years ago I had to convince him I didn’t have cooties. ‘and no problemo on the whole outfit thing, if you drive us to the mall I’ll buy you a new dress and some make up or whatever you put on your face’ he laughed. So did I, I always forgot he was a guy, to me he was just my best friend.

‘Justin that’s really sweet and all but, if and it’s a BIG if I go with you I can’t let you pay! I mean I have money and -’ he cut me off.

‘Well for one your looking at teen sensation Justin bieber, Molly I’ve sold like over a million albums I think I can afford to buy you a nice new out fit. Besides you need to be up to my standard if I’m gonna have you on my arm at this party.’ he smiled as he popped his imaginary collar.

‘full of yourself much?’ I said as I ruffled his hair.

Suddenly my Mom burst in with the cake. ‘you guys will never guess what I got at the store, look!’ she said as she showed us what the cakes were on. Justin Bieber paper plates, you know the ones you get for birthday parties. Justin and I stared at the plates in silence for a couple minutes then I broke the awkwardness.

‘that’s it! I’m drawing the line here. Mom me and my NORMAL friend Justin are going to the mall, then we are going to a party.’ I said as I grabbed Justin’s hand and led him to the car. I got myself all belted up and put the key then I smelled something sweet.

‘Justin! What are you eating?’ I asked him narrowing my eyes asking him as if he was a little kid.

He just sat there looking around the car awkwardly. ‘Justin!’ I said again as if he was a little kid. ‘what are you eating?’

He brought up a paper plate with cake crumbs on it. ‘My Face’ he said guiltily. We both burst out laughing as I drove us to the mall.

We spent 2 hours looking around different shops. I picked out a few dresses while Justin walked around looking confused at all the different types. I didn’t like to admit it but I had a girly side. But he did come in handy. I tried them all on then modelled them as he told me what he thought of them from a guy’s point of view. I tried on a purple one shouldered dress that stopped at my mid thigh. I looked in the mirror, it showed off my skinny legs and made me look as if I actually had good boobs. I smiled as I pulled back the curtain and showed it to Justin.

‘well?’ I said biting my lip nervously.

His eyes nearly popped out of his head. ‘woah, you look ho-’ he corrected himself. ‘I mean that dress is really pretty’ he smiled. I looked down and blushed.

‘I mean wow Molly I would totally-’ he stopped himself again. ‘uh .. I’ll go wait at the till for you’ he smiled awkwardly and walked away. That was weird.

I got changed back into my normal clothes. Justin was at the till waiting, his face was bright red. I laughed, typical hormonal boy. After 10 minutes of arguing I eventually let him pay for the dress, a new foundation, fake eyelashes, new nail polish, a clutch bag and platform heels.

‘wow, molly your actually gonna look like a girl’ he laughed.

I punched his arm ‘shut up’ I said laughing as he rubbed where I hit him.

I went to take the bag from the sales assistant but Justin grabbed it first. ‘ah-ah I am a gentlemen’

I rolled my eyes as I followed behind him as we walked back to the car. ‘no your just one big ball of cheesy clichés’ I teased as I got into the drivers seat.

He laughed. ‘shut up you love it’.

‘so where’s your new crib?’ I smiled as I pulled out of the mall parking lot.

He gave me directions then put the radio on. Baby came on.

‘eeew get that shit off’ I joked.

‘erm that shit paid for the outfit your wearing tonight.’

‘fair play bieber’ I smiled as I pulled up at his house. He got out then came round to my door. I rolled down the window.

‘okay so come round to mines in an hour and I’ll drive us there, got it?’

'got it’ he smiled, ‘see you soon’ he shouted as he walked into his new house.

I drove home and started getting ready. I had a shower, I shaved, painted my nails electric blue, curled my long brown hair into soft ringlets, pulled the dress on and put on my heels. I still had 10 minutes, so I put my ipod on. Knock you down came on. I started dancing around my room, spinning around and shaking my junk, singing my heart out, you get me.

‘ahem’ Justin cleared his throat as he stood in my doorway trying to hold back his laughter.

‘heard of knocking?’ I said embarrassed as I walked to my bed to get my bag.

‘wow, don’t be doing that tonight’ he laughed.

‘shut up!’ I shouted as I punched him as we went out to my car.

We were about to get in the car when he stopped. ‘woah Molly you look .. Like such a girl’

I frowned, ‘oh thanks a lot’ I said smiling as I got in the car.

‘no, no I meant that you look HOT’ he thought about what he had just said as I put the key in. ‘what I mean is … you look even more gorgeous than normal.’ he smiled embarrassed.

‘thank you’ I laughed as we set off.

We pulled up at Taylor’s house. ‘well. Here .. Here we go.’ I said shakily as it set in what I was just about to do and Justin rung the doorbell.

‘hey, I’m not going to leave you all night, understand?’ he smiled warmly as he put his hand out waiting for me to take it. I smiled as I grabbed onto it. He squeezed it reassuringly while flashing me a heart stopping smile. I’m pretty sure I felt a spark. Uh-oh.