Chapter Twenty-Seven

It was as if time had stopped. All I could feel was the burning pain in my chest. The knot in my throat. The lump in my stomach. I had known she wanted Justin but I thought he loved me. I loved him. He told me I was all he wanted, that Caitlin wasn’t getting her hands on him. What changed? I wanted to be angry, I wanted to rip he fucking little head off. But I just stood there, frozen to the spot. Crying.

Caitlin screamed, ‘Whoops I didn’t know we had company’ she giggled. Demi ran over and grabbed her by her hair throwing her to the ground. She sat on top of her pinning her to the floor and started pulling her hair our and slapping her. Justin just lay on the bed, I couldn’t see him for the covers. Everything was happening in slow motion. The next thing I knew everyone was in the cabin. They must have heard Caitlin scream. I felt Katy and Nick hug me as Joe and Twist tried to grab Caitlin and Jasmine and Rihanna tried to grab Demi. Christian just stood watching as I had done.

Then everything happened in real time. They managed to get them apart and it was silent for a moment. Nick let go of me, Katy did aswell but still kept a tight hold of my hand.

‘What the fuck is going on?’ Jasmine asked, looking over at me, breaking the silence.

‘We came up here and that bitch was on top of Justin. I don’t really think you need me to go into detail’ Demi shouted, trying to get to Caitlin.

Rihanna looked up at me, ‘Molly?’ she said softly.

I nodded slowly. Rihanna turned around and slapped Caitlin so hard I swear I felt it. But Christian grabbed Caitlin and threw her over his shoulder carrying her out. I heard her crying fade and then a car driving away.

Everyone just stood staring, not knowing what to say. I walked silently over to the bed still crying. I half expected Justin to be hiding under there, too ashamed to come out. I heard footsteps and turned around to see the guys leave, it just left the girls who were smiling sympathetically. I nodded at them, signalling that it was okay for them to leave, that I had to do this myself.

They left quietly. Well all of them except for Demi who smiled over at me as if to say ‘I’m here for you’

I peeled the covers back to see Justin passed out. ‘He’s not even conscious’ I croaked, my throat was dry, that happened when I cried. I guess the giant lump in my throat didn’t help. ‘That birch took advantage of him’ I cried shaking Justin.

‘That girl is fucked up’ Demi said softly, rubbing her bruised knuckles.

Justin stirred a little and then woke up. ‘Molly’ he smiled, ‘What are you doing here?’

He was so blissfully unaware of it. It made me sick. How could she do that? Just seeing him there, not knowing what she had done, what she would have done if I hadn’t come in. I ran out of the cabin and down the little pier. Not caring about the surging pain in my foot. I ran to end and collapsed crying.

I curled up in a ball and just cried. I just let all of my emotions out. I heard footsteps approaching but I didn’t bother looking around to see who it was.

‘Molly’. It was Justin. He lay down beside me and put his arms around me. I cried even more.

‘Molly, the last thing I remember is walking into the cabin to go pee, then Caitlin came in and then everything went fuzzy and I must have passed out. You know me, I can’t handle my drink very well.’ he laughed softly. ‘Sorry its not really the time for jokes’

I smiled a little as he tightened his grip on me, ‘Molly I would never … especially with her … I mean, I Love you’ He kissed my head. Wow, good time to tell me Justin.