Chapter Seventeen

‘Perfect, we’ll edit that bad boy up and you guys will be the first to see it’ the producer’s voice came over the speaker. I still hadn’t broken my gaze into Justin’s eyes. However that problem fixed itself when he hugged me.

‘Molly! You were amazing!’ he grinned. ‘Dude that was like a whole other side to you!’

There was so much whizzing around my mind about the kiss, I could barely speak. ‘um .. Thanks, you were awesome too’ I managed to stutter out.

‘are you okay?’ he looked at me confused.

No. No Justin I’m not okay! We made out last night and I’m standing here wondering if it means something or not. But you can’t fucking remember it so I have absolutely no idea what to do. I mean should I tell you? But what if you think I’m lying. But what if you remember it too but don’t want to do something about it. What if it was a drunken mistake that we can laugh about. But what if it’s not. I said it to him in my head. But I didn’t have the balls to say it to him in real life.

Man I hoped Demi wasn’t busy, I needed a girlfriend right now.

‘yo Molly are you okay?’ he shook my shoulders, ‘your like in your own little world’ he laughed.

I had to think on my feet, ‘erm yeah, I just seriously need to pee’ I smiled. Holy fuck thinking on my feet was something I had never been good at.

‘oh right, why didn’t you just say?’ Justin Laughed, thank god we were good enough friends that he wouldn’t find that awkward. He walked over to get my buggy and pushed it over to me, ‘here hop in I’ll push you to the door but your own the own for the rest’ he laughed as we set off down the hall.

We burst out laughing. He helped me up and then left to go back to the studio to listen to the vocals on the track or something like that. Using my buggy as a makeshift Zimmer frame like my grandma had I hobbled into the bathroom and looked through my contacts for Demi. Just as I reached her name my phone started ringing. I pressed answer.

‘hello?’ It was Demi.

‘Demi! That is so fricking spooky, I was just about to call you!’ I laughed.

‘Dude shut up really?’

‘Yeah!’

‘you know its li-’ she cut herself off, ‘anyway I was phoning to tell you something’

‘go on’ I said, intrigued to find out hat she wanted to tell me. Probably another party.

‘well I had another flashback’ she said nervously.

‘Get out! Me too!’ I almost screamed down the phone.

She burst out laughing but her voice turned serious, ‘look I really think I need to meet up with you to talk to you about this. Hmm where can we meet up … where are you now?’

‘At the studio with Justin why?’

‘Perfect! There’s a Starbucks two blocks from there, I’ll meet you there now.’

‘okay see you then’ I smiled as I hung up. You know, I may have slagged it over and over but it was pretty awesome having a girlfriend.

Suddenly I heard a knock on the door, ‘Molly? Its Justin, why are you talking to yourself?’ I laughed as I wheeled myself out of the toilets by using my fingertips to push myself along.

I laughed ‘I wasn’t talking to myself, I was talking to Demi’

‘Demi’s in there?’ he smiled.

‘no’ I said laughing and shaking my head, ‘I was on the phone to her’.

He looked at me with a weirded out face, ‘ew girls talk on the phone when they’re peeing?’