Part 2) Chapter Thirty

Start from the beginning

Paul sighed. "I guess I'll have to have 'the talk' with you now."

"The...talk?" I arched an eyebrow.

Paul's eyebrows raised as he chuckled. "Your parents had never talked to you about that?"

My lips tilted downward. "Er, no."

Paul smirked. "This'll be very interesting."

I raised an eyebrow, and Paul continued.

"So, who was on top: you or my step-son?" Paul put very bluntly.

My eyes widened as a blush spread across my face. "Excuse me?!"

Paul shrugged. "This is 'the talk,' Nico. Now will you answer me or will you make things more awkward?"

I mumbled, "I think things will become more awkward if I answer."

Paul chuckled. "True enough. So?"

"Percy," I quietly answered.

Paul sighed and glanced up at the ceiling as if envisioning it. "Of course. Did he use any protection?"

I was thoroughly surprised that Paul didn't make fun of how red my face was.

I grit my teeth. "Well...no."

"Did he use lubricant?" Paul raised an eyebrow.

God, can I just die now? That sounded like a very nice option.

My shoulders tensed from embarrassment. "I think so."

"You think so?" Paul repeated incredulously.

I tried to recall whether Percy did use some, but every time I would think about last night, I would become extremely self-conscious and embarrassed.

I frowned. "I think he was uncapping something."

Paul sighed and swiped a hand down his face. "I feel like you're being extremely vague on purpose."

My eyes widened once more. "Of course not! Did you think that I want to talk about this?! It was dark, okay? And my mind was a bit fuzzy."

"Because all you were thinking about that night was Percy's--"

"God, Paul! I feel like you're trying to make me feel like this on purpose!"

Paul laughed, and all I could do was desperately sigh, hoping for this conversation to end as soon as possible.

"I guess we're both on the same page then." Paul's laughter died away--and I hoped that I would do the same.

Paul sighed, attempting to become serious again. "Alright, then. Are you clean?"

I timidly nodded. I was so tempted to jump out the window that was located behind me.

Paul smiled. "Well, that's good. But remember: this is the age where teenagers decided that it's fine to do whatever they want. And it's not. When you become an adult, you will regret almost everything that you did. I know I did," Paul added with a huff.

Paul continued. "My point is: think these things through. You know, now that I think about it, I can call it the '4 T's for Teens. Think These Things Through.' Wow, why did I not think of this earlier? I guess we both learn new things during 'the talk,' eh?"

I grimaced. "This hardly seems like the time for this, Paul."

Paul chuckled. "Now you sound just like Sally!" Paul cleared his throat. "But anyway, like I said earlier, think everything you do in your head. I mean, where else would you think?"

I managed a laugh. "You know, I'm surprised you're not Percy's actual father."

Paul smiled. "Really?"

I nodded. "Yeah, I mean, you guys don't look the same, but you sure do act the same."

Paul chuckled, but then cleared his throat again. "Okay, now we're getting side-tracked. You set me up for that, didn't you, Nico?"

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever you say."

Paul smiles once again. "Well, you know what I'm trying to say here, right? And listen, I know you teenagers are all hormonal, but do the world a favor and tone it down a bit. Especially for Tyson. We don't want him to learn these things as such a young age."

He stared at me seriously. "Having sex too much is bad for you. Don't stare at me like that, I know I said 'sex.'"

My eyes were bulged out and my face was fifty shades of red. My teeth were clenched together, and I was really restless. Like I said before, I wanted to get out of this conversation as soon as possible. And, jumping out Percy's window still seemed like a considerable option.

Paul sighed, but amusement twinkled in his eyes. "It hurt, didn't it?"

I decided to look anywhere but Paul's face. Preferably the window, and how better it looked outside than it was in here with Paul and our awkward conversation. I never want "the talk" again.

"I'm guessing it did," Paul surmised, "from the fact that you broke our eye contact."

I sighed. "Is this conversation done now?"

Paul laughed. "Oh, I'm not nearly done."

I groaned, and Paul found my reaction very amusing.

"But, I won't talk about it anymore. You seem like a responsible person, so I'll let you off this time. Percy? Hm, not so much."

I smiled at that. Percy didn't really strike me as the responsible type anyway.

"If I would take a guess, did Percy make the first move on you last night and this morning?"

I shifted my weight between my feet, suddenly taking interest in the ground. "Well, yeah. But in the bathroom--"

"You were returning the favor," Paul finished for me.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "How did you--"

"Remember one of Tyson's questions? He asked you why Percy was making weird noises in the bathroom," Paul replied with a mischievous smile. "And, I guess Percy really enjoyed it. You know, we can hear you from downstairs and through the walls from last night."

"God, Paul, I swear!" Paul bursted out into laughter, and I didn't know if my face could become anymore red from then on.

Paul cleared his throat and deeply exhaled. "Well, we're done here. I'm not sure if Percy and Sally are done, but you can check if you'd like."

I nodded, eager to get out before Paul teased me again.

When my hand grasped the doorknob, Paul asked, "Nico, do you love Percy?"

I glanced behind my shoulder at Paul and nodded. "Of course I do. I owe the happiness that I live in right now to your step-son, Paul. I love him so, so much."

Paul smiled sincerely at my answer. "Well, that's good. I hope you two keep it that way."

I nodded in acknowledgement. "Thanks, Paul."

"Of course." I heard Paul say before I exited Percy's blue bedroom.