Chapter 42

(Hey, isn't Taemin a great performer 👆?) also its background music.

Jungkook's POV

I look at the moon, the light illuminates onto my empty bed. I continue to look up and admire the brightly lit rock. I smile at it as I reminisce on the past year so far. Sitting here in the lowly lit room helps me think clearer. School is right around the corner and I don't know how long I will have Y/N here for. 

I raise my hand up to the moon, using it like a telescope. I close one eye and look through my hand. The moon shone brightly tonight, it was as if it was telling me that everything was going to be okay, oh how I wish that was true. If only I never fell in love, maybe then none of this would have to happen. I hate sad stories, but then again this is reality, it's not like those fairytales from the books. This is my reality. 

I just ignore my tears and embrace myself for the end. 

✞ঔৣEclipse-Taeminঔৣ✞

My mind wakes up, but my body desires to stay in bed longer. Where it is warm and comfortable. I snuggle into my bed even more and rest for a bit more. 

After a few minutes, I finally get out of bed, checking my phone for notifications before heading to the bathroom. 

Once I am in the bathroom, I continue on with my reasons for being in there. I leave and head towards the kitchen. I notice that no one is here. I look at the microwave for the time. 9:46. My mind then wanders back to what Eris told me. 

Am I really making Y/N do so much for me? I open the fridge and begin cooking breakfast. I take out some kimchi rice that was leftover and start making some eggs to go with it.

Once I am done, I set the food on the table. 

I smile at the food right before me

I smile at the food right before me. I look at the clock again, 9:58. I place a plate for Y/N across from me and look at it. Maybe she is still sleeping? I mean, she must be drained from what has happened to Ali. 

"Well, I guess I'll eat alone today." Once I finish eating I wash my dish. I look back at the filled plate with a vacant seat. I cover the plate with aluminum and leave it on the counter.  I make my way upstairs and see Chinsun awake. "Where's Y/N?" I ask her. 

She just looks at me with her big and innocent eyes. "I don't know." She mumbles out, trying to form the words correctly. I nod at her words and take her out of her crib. 

"I'm going to need to buy you a small bed now that you are growing." She walks over to her toys and begins playing. I look over my shoulder to where Y/N's bottle is. I walk over to it and examine it. It very beautiful, it looks expensive. "Y/N?" I whisper. "Um, I made some breakfast so...if you want some its, uh, it's on the counter in the kitchen." I stare at the lamp a bit longer before taking Chinsun with me downstairs. 

"I want monkey!" Chinsun cries out. I look at her and shake my head. 

"He is resting right now."

"I want him." I just shake my head again. I place her on the couch with me as she looks at me curiously. 

"What?" I ask her. 

"Wish?"

I furrow my brows at her words. "Wish?" I mean, Y/N has tried to teach her that word. 

"You wish?" She nods her little head. 

"Wish. I wish a monkey." I laugh at her words but freeze once I realized she just made a wish. I look around to see if her wish came true by Y/N. But nothing was conjured up. I look at her once again and smile. 

"You see, Ali is sleeping. Now, let us watch some tv." I turn on the tv and switch to the kids' channel. Peppa Pig plays as I hear the voice of Y/N. 

"Hey, Ali wanted to come and play." In her arms is Ali with an eye patch. He sort of looks like a pirate. 

Chinsun looks at him with joy. "Monkey!" She grabs him from Y/N arms and hugs him tightly. She then holds onto him while watching tv. This is my chance. 

"Um, Y/N, can I talk to you in the kitchen." She looks at me with a look that told me that she lost something precious to her. 

"Oh, um yeah." She follows me into the kitchen and we sit at the table. 

I let out a deep breathe and try to organize my thoughts. "First of all, I want to say sorry." She looks at me surprised. "Everything I said about you, I-I, I didn't mean any of it. I just got tired of Eris being here and when you left I realized how much I need you. I don't want you to think that I hate you, because I could never. I don't care what happened in the past. All I care about is now, and my feelings for you now. Y/N, I don't want you to leave me. I'm sorry for what I said about you, so please don't leave. I-I love you." I couldn't hold in my feelings anymore, I cry my words out. All my worries rushing over me all at once. 

"J-Jungkook," I look up to see Y/N holding back her tears, trying to absorb my words. 

"Y/N, I don't care if you are a Genie. My feelings for you will never change. I can't keep trying to rationalize everything anymore. I love you." I stand up from my chair and stand in front of her as she remains seated. I kneel down on one leg and place one hand on her lap where her hands reside. My other hand cups her face. "I can't keep running away. I can't keep denying my feelings. I rather face the truth than run away and hide in the shadows. Please don't run away from me. I can see it in your eyes how you feel. So tell me, will you be my moon that shines on me through my dark days?" Tears fall down her face causing her eyes to sparkle. 

Her heart and mind conflict with each other, I know. As she searches for the answer, I let her go. Standing up, almost falling from the process due to the impact of a body crashing with mine. 

"I'll be your moon." I smile in our embrace. "But that also means, just like the moon, I'll disappear one day." I see the sadness in her eyes. 

"Then that is a consequence I am willing to pay." She smiles. Without hesitation, my lips land on hers. Our lips moving in sync. 

This is a consequence I am willing to pay, or am I? Am I ready to face the pain and hurt that comes after the goodbye? Am I strong enough for this? Or am I stupid for trying to be?

For now, let us enjoy this moment together. As if we own the world. 

A/N:

Thank you for reading. This book is ending very soon. This chapter was also inspired by Taemin's self-titled 1st Japanese Studio Album. And as you can see from above, Eclipse was the major influencer. 💙💜💙💜💙

ʜᴏɴᴏʀᴀʙʟᴇ ᴍᴇɴᴛɪᴏɴꜱ:
Under My Skin (Taemin)
さよならひとり(Taemin)

Jungkook in this story currently: