Chapter 9

Jungkook's POV

I stop in front of the school and see students everywhere. I am here again. I walk into the courtyard to get inside the building. I have a few friends and that is all I need. I head to my first class and there I see my best friend Yugyeom standing in the hallway with my other two friends, Changkyun and Junhong.

"Hey, guys," I say to them as I walk over to them.

"JUNGKOOOOOK!" Yugyeom shouts at me as he runs over to give me a hug.

"What's wrong? I have only been gone for 3 days." I tell him.

"Only 3 days?" Junhong questions me. "That is like 2 weeks in school terms. Where have you been?"

They don't know about my parents and their drug and alcohol addiction. "Um," I must think fast, "I was moving." That was close.

"Oooo." They all say in unison. "Can we go and see it?" Changkyun asks me. Yeah, come and see my home. Oh, and did I tell you that I live with a magical Genie that wants to be my sister's and I legal guardian? Also, my 6-month-old sister is the Master as well.

"Well, I would have to talk to my parents about it first. We still need to unpack a few things first." I say as an excuse.

"Okay, we will be waiting," Changhyuk says with a laugh. A bell is heard.

"Time for class," I say as I head into our class. They all follow after me.

Lunch Time

I walk into the cafeteria and find my friends. I sit with them and pull out my lunch that Y/N packed for me.

"Wow, that looks good. Did your parents cook this for you?" Yugyeom questions me as they look at my food like hungry packs of wolves. I just eye my food and without thinking I reply.

 I just eye my food and without thinking I reply

"No." My eyes slowly widen as I just realize what I just said.

"What?" Junhong questions me. "Then who did? Do you perhaps have a girlfriend?"

"What? Of course, I don't." I say as I begin eating.

"Yeah, Jungkook can't even talk to girls. I highly doubt he would have a girlfriend." Yugyeom laughs.

Wow, that was a stab in the heart. "It was made by a friend."

"You have more friends than us?" Yugyeom says in a shocked and hurt tone. Ouch, is he trying to hurt my feelings today?

"Yeah, I needed time away from you guys. Now let's eat." I eat my food just to be bombarded by more questions.

"Can we meet this person?" I stop eating and quickly look up at the guys.

"NO." It came out louder than I anticipated earing glances from other students. "I mean, why? It's not like you would have anything in common with her anyways." CRAP. Why must I let things slip up?

"HER?" They all shout. Kill me now.

.

.

.

.

.

The school was over and I managed to convince them that Y/N was a girl from a different country that is staying at our house for some exchange program. I walk out of the courtyard with my friends.

"Well, I need to hurry home. My mom is cooking and asked me to go grocery shopping." Junhong tells us.

"Can I go? I need to buy a few things." Yugyeom asks.

"Yeah sure. Well, see ya Changkyun, Jungkook."

"Bye." We reply back.

They run off, leaving me and Changkyun. "I am going to the library, do you wanna come?" I instantly refuse.

"Nah, I need to go home." He nods his head.

"Okay, see ya." We say our goodbyes and he leaves. Just as I leave the courtyard, I am greeted by a rough voice.

"Bastard. Where the hell have you been?" I stop walking and fear fills me. I know who is behind me.

I turn around and my suspicion is correct. "Dad, what are you doing here?" I say in a soft tone.

"ME? What are YOU doing here? You should be off working and bringing in the money to pay for mine and your mother's expenses." I look down so I don't have to see him in the face. My heart beats quickly.

"We give you a nice home, food, and education and this is how you repay us. You brat." I look up and see him raising his hand. I close my eyes.

"What the hell?" I hear him shout. I open my eyes and see Y/N in a police uniform. She is holding my father's hand. I look at my ring and see the heart line glowing and beating. I look back at her and her eyes become dark with anger. I have never seen her like this.

"Let go of me." My father shouts. She lets go of him with a push.

"Sir, why are you harassing this child?" She begins.

"Excuse me? This is my son. Go away and find some REAL crime." He rolls his eyes.

"Sir, you smell of alcohol and you are currently still on school property. If you don't leave then I will have to arrest you for bringing alcohol on this premise. Then your son will definitely be taken away."

My father glares at her. "I am taking my son."

"No." She says with authority.

"What do you mean no?" He raises his posture with anger.

"You are intoxicated sir. I won't let you harm him or you will be charged. Do you want that?" She says darkly. My father just huffs and looks at me again.

"I better see you at home soon." And with that, he leaves. I look back at Y/N and tears fall down my face. I now know what to do. She comes to me and hugs me.

"I promised to protect you and that is a promise I will keep." I nod my head and continue to cry silently. I am ready to do what is necessary.

A/N: Thank you so much for reading this book. I love writing this book!!! So thank you so much. Okay, not KPOP related BUT I am in love with Kingdom Hearts 3 Opening. I have that song on repeat!! Utada and Skrillex are amazing together!!!