chapter fifty nine (BRAD ENDING)

You are now starting the Brad ending!

Brad stood before me after graduation. The manpower to not start anything with boys cracked. The feeling of loneliness cracked. The feeling of Harry cracked. And all I could see now were two perfectly red plumbed lips coming towards me. And I couldn't resist but pulling him closer.

It only took a fraction of a second before our lips connected. It felt so different. A good different. I wasn't comparing him to Harry anymore. I wasn't overthinking anymore. It was just him and me. The rest was useless.

His hands moved towards my waist and he encircled it with both of his arms, pulling me closer. My hands wrapped around his neck, messing his hair even more up than he had done before.

And that was that. We were there, the rest was somewhere else. And it was all good.

---

It was all good, and it will be all good. I have been home for two days, and everything quickly settled down. When I came home a few friends of mine threw a welcome back party, which my mom organized.

They were confused why I didn't tell them I was going to military boot camp, and even more confused when my mom had to inform them because I wasn't picking up my phone. That is okay, I was confused too.

Mom informed some of the most important family members a week after I left, when she was able to talk about it without crying. The day after all I did was sleeping and eating, and of course talking to my mother.

Most of the time I would decline her request to tell my experience, being too tired, too hungry and too lonely to speak. But this morning I had no excuse, so I sat down with my mother with a cup of tea to talk.

"Tell me everything." She commands and smiled. It made me think of how Harry always told me his grandmother was faster than me. It made me a bit sad to think it was all over, some of me wanted it all back. Not Harry, just the military boot camp.

"It was good mom, it was really good." I smiled at all the memories I made with my new friends.

"Did they threat you well?" She raised an eyebrow, concerned.

"Would I still be here if they didn't?" I rhetorically asked, giving her a warm smile.

"That's right." She held me close and breathed out.

"So that boy-" she started out.

"Don't." I demanded. We weren't anything serious yet, seeing the fact that he was leaving for Iraq in five days, but there was something.

"C'mon tell me Violet." She poked my waist. "There's nothing to be ashamed off, how's love at the military boot camp?" She asks.

"Do you really think I have time to find love in a military boot camp?" I ask. Of course I had.

"Taking in the fact that you're the daughter of the most love-seeking mother ever, yes I do Violet." She snickered, her hands encircled her cup of tea, the steam making her facial features vague when she lifted it up to drink.

"His name's Bradley." I smile. "He's a real cutie." It was the only real explanation to give Brad. He was a great friend, and a real honest and funny human being.

"Spill it all." She says, turning concerned again, because her 'baby girl' couldn't handle some boy.

"I don't think you'd like to hear this story." I say, remembering how we met.

"But I do." She says, her face growing more concerned.

And just as if my prayers have been answered my phone rang. It felt strange having a phone in my pocket again, after not having seen or touched one in eight weeks. The name showed on the display made me smile.

"It's him." And that was enough for her to stand up and leave me alone to talk with him. My mother understood, I guess. I only had a few days with Brad and I had many years with my mother left.

"Hello Brad the Brat," I say, chuckling at my own joke as I carefully stood up, correcting my clothing with the hand that wasn't holding the phone.

"Hello Violet the-" He sighed, "I need more time to come up with a good comeback." I could hear him smiling through the phone.

"How are you?" I ask, very eager to talk to him for hours and hours on.  After we kissed two days ago, we hadn't had the time to really discuss what this was, or how and if we would continue, but it wasn't weird. It felt familiar.

"Good, what are you doing?" I ask, interested.

"Nothing too important. I'm currently standing in front of this very strange door. I don't think I've ever been in front of it before, but it has this strange red glow on it and-" He says but I interrupt him.

"What are you talking-" I started, but interrupted myself. "No" I stumble over the simple word. "No you aren't." I squeal as I jumped up from the couch and ran over to the front door. I opened to see Brad at the door.

"Excuse me," he says through the phone. "I need to hang." He stops the call and grins at me. "Hello once again Violet." He smiles and happy tears fill my eyes.

I had grown used to seeing Brad every day and everywhere I went. He had become a real close friend whom I had missed the moment I stepped into my mom's car to drive back home.

"C'mere." He chuckles at my silliness and pulled me close to him.

"I've missed you so much." I smile through the tears against his shoulder. I pressed myself hard against his body, hoping that maybe our bodies would melt together and I'd never have to let go of him.

"It's only been two days." He says, pulling me even closer and giving me a kiss on my head.

"I know." I looked down at our feet, they were as tangled together as our hands were. His fingers were intertwined with mine as if it was meant to be. My hear fluttered when I looked up and stared straight into his eyes.

"Bradley," I sigh. "can't you just stay with me?" I ask.

"You can't ask me that Violet." He sighs and when he was about to talk on his head shot to the staircase, my head followed.

"Mom," I coughed and released Bradley from me and straightened my clothes.

"I didn't mean to interrupt anything." She smiles and turns around to make her way up the stairs.

"No wait mom!" I yell after her, causing her to turn around. "I want you to meet Brad." My hand searched for his and I held it tightly.

"Brad, this is my mother." I smile. Brad walked through the door frame and dragged my hand along with him. With his other hand he shook my mother's hand. "Pleasure to meet you Mrs Rose." He smiles.

He always knew how to make people feel absolutely utterly in love with him.