chapter three

"You know what has happened to your dad. Do you want to end like that? Do you?!" She cried out again. When I walked downstairs after having signed up I had immediately told her that my decision was definitive.

I didn't reply to her, I looked down at my shoes which loosely stood on the beige floor. I disappointed my mom and rehashed our old wounds and painful memories of our dad. I tried to speak but the words were caught in my throat. 

"I'm sorry, but this is my life and my decision" I whispered still looking at the floor. My mom let out a frustrated moan and a pair of tears burned at the back of my eyes, asking for the entrance of my cheeks. I tried to blink them away, but instead of going away they crept slowly over my cheeks as I quickly swept them away with my sleeve.

My mother was about to say something but just at that exact moment the phone rang with its known tune. She leaped towards the phone and responded to it as she glanced at me with a mixed emotion.

After several minutes of still receiving the same meaningful glance, and not a word spoken through the phone by mom she lowered it. "It's for you." I whimpered slowly as she handed me the phone, her hands sweaty and full of fear.

"Hello" I spoke nervously, scared what was about to happen. My mom walked upstairs with a sad emotion wearing on her face.

"Is this Violet Rose I'm speaking with?" A low, loud man voice with a hoarse voice spoke through the phone. The emotion that took over me was immense and I could already see where this was heading.

"Yes" I said quickly but quiet. 

"You filled in the forum?" He asked with his voice still the same, no emotion. He received the same answer I had given him a few seconds ago.

"Well then you must know the national boot camp starts in two days. We will email you the further information of where the event will take place and the further rules will follow at the boot camp itself." The voice echoed through the phone. The phone fell against the cold beige floor, still no crack on the screen appeared.

Slowly walking towards the couch, sitting in on it softly without a sound escaping from my mouth. I cupped my head in my sweaty hands and sighed, with my head disappearing my the nervous hands.

It seemed as the lights dimmed and my mind started to spin, I tried to concentrate on my breathing but every thought immediately sped it back up again. I should've known, I should've known that it was stupid of me, doing this.

But me being me, and being my careless self, I didn't think about the consequences. I buried my head deeper in my palms of my head as my mind was a mess. Something touched my bare knee, I looked down to see what it was. It was a gift, the remembrance that everything was going to be alright. 'A daughter is a gift of love.' It said, as I read it loud.

A tear formed in my eyes realizing what has happened to my dad, I didn't want to end like that. But I wouldn't because it was only military training, you weren't pushed into the military life after you attended this boot camp. My thumb traced over the jewelry, back and forth, it helped me clear my head.

"Mom!" I yelled as I ran towards the staircase and shouted it upwards. I didn't get a reaction but yelled again, this time hoping for a reaction, but yet again no response.

I sighed deeply and decided to run upstairs, passing one stair tread at the time to be quicker. I turned left and walked towards my mom's room, where I found her sobbing with a picture frame in her hand and here head low. I leaped over to her and sat down next to her, with my arm comforting her.

"It's in two days" I said. "I have to be there in two days" I spoke clearly. I looked down at the picture frame she was holding. Her hands shaking as she held it. It was a picture of us. My dad wearing a face full of proud as he hit a hole-in-one and my mom clapping her hands enthusiastically. I, on the other hand was too busy with finding things in the still wet golf cord ground. A sad smile appeared on my face as I traced my finger over the photograph.

A deep sigh escaped from her mouth and she placed the photo back on her nightstand. "If you think this is the best for you to do." She looked down. "I will encourage you to that." The words escaped from her mouth before she even realized it.

"I appreciate that mom" I mumbled in her shoulder as I already embraced her for a long and loving hug. And that's when I realized that in two days' time, I'll be at a boot camp for soldiers. With absolute no idea what to expect or what to wear.

"But promise me, you'll call or write every week." She looked me in the eyes after she broke our hug. "Promise me" She repeated.

"I promise mom." I smiled at her. "I'll take care of myself" This wasn't only a promise to my mom, but also a promise to myself. I would take care of myself.

I was ready for a new stage in my life. I was ready to begin something new, and maybe something unexpected will happen, which will change my life. And I had a premonition it was going to be one of the most strangest and experimental 8 weeks of my life.

Hi there. As you may have guessed, the next chapter won't be set in Voilet's house anymore, but at the boot camp and at her way to the military boot camp. And don't you worry, Harry will be in the next chapter! So get yourself excited for a lot of... uhm well Harry moments?