chapter fifty nine (HARRY ENDING)

very important update: you are now beginning the official Harry Ending. There are two alternative endings; one with Brad and one with Harry. This can be seen in the chapter name. Have fun!

"So tell me." My mother demanded, after we had all sat down near the window with a cup of coffee and the leftovers from my mom's cake she had made for me when I returned.

"Tell you what?" I ask. .

"How was it?" She asked, impatient.

"It was good." I say, sighing whilst memorizing all the memories I have made. All the friends I have made, and all the enemies I have made. It was an experience.

"Violet, I have been asking you for days and all you give me is one word. I want a story." I felt Brad's eyes bore into the side of my head, until I couldn't bear anymore and looked back. Our eyes locked and I smiled.

"Brad and I met in a-" I stopped for a second, trying to find the right word, "peculiar way."

And that's when I told her how Brad and I met. When he stole my underwear and I had to march outside with only a towel around my body.

--

"Who did this?!" I yelled out pointing at the group of boys in army jackets. None of them seemed to react, most of them only snickered at me, in only a towel.

"You are so lame! Stealing my underwear. How old are you? 8?! That is a blooming immature thing to do. And if none of you step forward and tell how bloody immature you are then I swear I'll chop all your balls of." I threw my hands up in the air, highly frustrated.

None of them seemed to react any time soon and I was so close to storming over them and slapping their pretty faces into not so pretty faces but just when I was about to run off and do what I was supposed to do, I felt someone grip my body tightly towards them.

Manly arms which were muscled enclosed themselves around my waist, stopping me from running towards the men. A roaring voice called out the men in front of me.

"Who did this?" The voice yelled loudly and immediately the men seemed to be scared, a few of them I recognised as being part of my team. The mumbles started as most of the boys backed away until only one was left looking at the floor.

"You?"

--

My mother snorted, just like I expected her to.

"Is that really the way you met?" She closed her eyes and held her stomach, trying to keep herself from even laughing harder. I looked at Brad and we both started giggling. He truly was one of a kind.

"Yes." Brad said, his joyful eyes sparkling with laughter.

The phone rang, alarming me awake from the beautiful daydream in front of me. My mother muttered 'she'd get it' and disappeared into the kitchen.

The sudden urge to cry hit me. The sudden urge to bawl my eyes right out at that moment hit me. The thought of me not seeing Brad for a year, and possibly never again, made my heart fall through my stomach to my left feet, if that was even possible. The flashbacks of my father re-entered my vision and I felt dizzy.

I sighed, blinking away the tears. I hoped he wouldn't notice.

"Hey are you okay?" He said, looking up at me again and softly pushing my head up, so that I was forced to look at him. I was still trying to blink my eyes to hide the tears, but it was useless. So in the end, I'd just let them flow.

"You want to go somewhere to talk?" He asks very quietly. It was one of the first times I had seen him like this, quiet and serious.

"C'mon" I softly whisper as guided me up slowly dragged him after me up on the stairs and into the doors of my room. The bed was unmade, but the rest looked organised so I just sat down.

We sat a few seconds in silence, we both breathed in deeply. He tried to comfort me without touching me too much

"It's going to be okay." He whispers.

"Your my best friend' I whisper, as if it was a secret.

'I know' he chuckled, 'I will still be your best friend in Iraq.'

'Yes but then we can't get up to shenanigans anymore' I chuckled at the many memories I had made with in such a short time. Brushing the dirty toilets with our toothbrushes, the many times we got called into his Father's office, our camping adventures and the many secrets we had shared.