chapter thirty five

“Can you stop talking about that game of yours and start explaining why you were flirting with the girls.” I was still annoyed at this careless attitude.

I didn’t care I slapped him, he deserved it.

“I can do what I want” He reacted like a little child who denied to have stolen the candy from his mother’s jar, when he obviously did do it.

“No you can’t. You can’t just keep kissing me, hissing to me that you need and want me and then flirt with other girls. You can’t do that, not to me.”

“We aren’t a thing” He cut me off when I was trying to spill out even more words about how careless and stupid he was (acting).

The words stung me hard, right in the middle of my heart. I turned my head away from him, not wanting him to see what an impact those words had on me. Once again the urge to cry took over my body and I felt like collapsing.

“You aren’t my girl” He whispered, almost as if he was trying to convince himself.

“I know” I quickly said, trying to blink the tears away who were destined to fall down my red cheeks. A lump formed in my throat, I couldn’t speak. My voice shook and quivered as I tried to spit out a few words, but I didn’t succeed.

“I would like you to stay away from Brad” He demanded and stood up leaping over to me with a high pace.

“I would like you to have no contact with him whatsoever.” He said, nearing me. I was still facing the door. I felt a hand tugging at my arm.

“Did you hear me?” I blinked several times more to prevent the tears from falling out of my eyes. My breath hitched in my throat as I turned back to face him with tears miserably falling down against the sides of my cheeks.

“You can’t keep doing this. You’re drawing me in and then minutes later you’re kicking me out. You can’t just say you need me and then kick me out of your life, saying that this is nothing.” I boomed at him, more tears rolling down my cheeks.

“You can’t” I managed to breathe out. “Because I feel something, a connection.” I whispered and walked towards the door. “And I know you feel it to.”

“And please save your words about love being a game, because to me it’s not.” My voice broke, just like me heart. I felt it crack, not in the middle, but just a little bit to the right, I turned around not wanting to face him anymore. He didn’t care, nor will he ever.

I stormed out of the cabin, not caring if anyone saw me. I heard a faint yell behind me and turned around one more time. I hoped that it was him, yelling for forgiveness, begging for one more chance.

It was him, but he wasn’t going to apologize. He just reached out his hand with something hidden in between the muscles of his palm. I looked at him, confused. His face didn’t give anything away. The muscles relaxed as I reached out my hand and let it hang in the air underneath his hand.

He relaxed all his hand muscles, so that it was now flat and the sun-reflecting object fell onto my hand. It was light and silver and I knew exactly what it was.

“I thought that you would like to have it back.” And with that he turned around, storming back into his cabin like nothing had happened.

Eventually I was happy that he didn’t beg me for forgiveness and gave me this. This was worth so much more than his apology. I traced my finger over the silver as a previous tear rolled down my cheek.

A daughter is a gift of love. The handwritten text repeated in my head over and over again and before I knew it I reached my own cabin again. I quickly wiped the tears off my cheeks and hoped my eyes weren’t blood red.

With a fake neutral expression I walked into the cabin clenching my hands tightly around the necklace. He had given it back to me, it wasn’t allowed, but he did it for me.

Maybe he did care.

--

Hi, well this is shorter than I usually write, but I just really wanted to upload and I couldn't find an appropriate ending.