chapter thirty seven

“All girls in that corner.” A sergeant yelled at the back of a massive group moving forward to the –still closed- entrance of the camp. No one was really talking, they were too surprise for this. Who would have thought that we got a day of to buy a gown for a ball, I didn’t.

The girls did what they were asked and separated themselves from the group and formed their own group in one corner in front of the entrance. I quickly followed them, hoping I could join them anyway. But a hand pulled my back by the hem of my shirt en I was left with the men again.

The men were told to go over to the other corner and everybody was counted and checked. The sergeants split up and joined the two different groups.

“It’s unfair” I said to the person next to me, who stood with his arms crossed carefully watching everyone leave the camp ground.

“Sometimes lying is better than the truth” He mumbled and his hand –the same hand who pulled me back from joining the girls- guided me back to the cabins when the jeeps who transported the rest were out of sight.

“Thanks” I said slightly sarcastic.

“For what” Harry asked.

“For your incredible wise quote, it enriched my life in many ways.” I snapped and stormed off to my cabin, still pissed I couldn’t join Agnes and Melissa.

Last night we talked about the Winter Ball for hours when the lights got turned off. We talked about what we imagine it would look like and if the sergeants would join us. I told them I would try to fit in with the rest of the girls because I would love to see their dresses and help them find them.

As expected, it didn’t work out.

“Hold up” I heard someone groan behind me, I turned my face and the wind sliced through my skin. He almost seemed to leap over the grass and within a few seconds he reached me.

“You think I would pull you out of the group just to annoy you?” He asked.

“Yes” I confirmed. “That’s exactly what I think.”

“I wouldn’t do that. You know, I had a plan.” He shrugged like it wasn’t a big deal.

“A plan?” I asked, he nodded and grabbed my wrist and encircled it with his long fingers. I didn’t protest when he pulled me into the cabin where me and the other women slept.

The room was dark and silent. I couldn’t see anything moving –but that’s hard to judge when you almost can’t see anything. He turned the lights on and for a second my pupils shrunk and adjusted to the light.

 “First, we need to have a talk.” He said patting down on the bed, which was mine. We both sat down.

“Then talk” I snapped, impatient and just wanting to get to bed and rest for the whole day.

“I’m sorry” He muttered.

“What?” I asked

“I’m sorry” He repeated but this time louder.

“For what?” I asked, knowing what he was trying to apologize for but just wanting to tease him.

“For thinking you and Brad were a thing and calling you off for it when we weren’t a thing.”

“Are we a thing now then?” I asked confused.

“If you want us to be.” He said looking up from fiddling with his fingers and straight into my eyes.

“I know I have been an incredible douche and I will do anything to make it up to you. It’s just that I get jealous easily.”

“Jealousy is a terrible thing.” I muttered and looked away.  A few minutes passed, none of us really know what to say or what to do. So we both decided to keep silent until one of us knew the right words.

“I’m sorry too.” I whispered. “For slapping you I mean.” And then the silence took over again. He just stared at me and I stared back at him, it was like our own little forever.

“I’d like to get to know you.” He then finally said, grabbing my hands with his and placing them in between both of us. His thumbs circled circles on my hand like they always did.

“That’s a start” I smiled.

“My name is Violet Rose, I’m eighteen and nineteen in a few weeks. I have an incredible mom who raised me alone since I was seven. I don’t have any siblings and we live in Denver, Colorado. What more?” I explained and asked afterwards.

“I don’t want to know that. I want to know your real story. Your quirks, pet peeves and twists. Who is Violet Rose?” I started laughing and didn’t know where to start, so I’m glad he asked me questions.

“What is your pet peeve?”

“I hate it when people don’t have manners or a poor hygiene.”

“Favourite sports team?”

“I don’t have any”

“A quirk you have,”

“I always tap my feet when I’m nervous,” I chuckled and thoughts a few seconds about another quirk of mine. “and I tend to space out when I’m staring at someone.”

“Interesting” he nodded as if he now knew my whole life story.

“What about you? What is your real story?”

“I love watching tennis, I always brush my teeth when I’m in the shower and I like cats though could never take care of them.” He simply said like he had practiced saying it.

“Why do you brush your teeth under the shower?” I chuckled removing my hand from his and tucking a lock of hair behind my ear.

“It takes less time.” He smiled and turned his head to the left but kept staring at me.

“Don’t do that.” He frowned at my ear and grabbed the lock swinging it in front of my face again. “I like it better that way.” He shot me another smile and it was like my inside made a summersault.

“You aren’t all that bad Harry” I yawned as my eyes felt the sudden urge to paste my eyelids together. I stretched myself and laid my head down on the mattress staring at the ceiling for a few minutes.

His hands slid under my neck and tilted it sideways, so that I was now staring at him. His eyes twinkled like stars on a bright night without any clouds. His hands were still under my neck, but I didn’t notice them until he lifted my head and neck carefully and slid himself against the footboard of the bed.

“And you aren’t all that bad either, Violet.”

When he was comfortable he slumped down still with his hands under my neck and finally laid it unto his stomach so that my head was against his stomach and together we stared into a little infinity.

Hi sorry for the late update but I'm lazy and had a lot to do. Please comment and vote.