Chapter 36: Sister

'A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost.' - Marion Garretty

NORA'S P.O.V:

Asshole.

Bastard.

Jerk.

Son of a bitch.

All these words have one thing common. All of them are used to describe one person.

Eric Woods.

Actually, all these words aren't even enough to describe him. He is a true spawn of Satan. The person on whom all of my hatred is directed to. The one who forced me to become this heartless person that I have become today. The person who took my everything away from me. The reason for my ruin.

And he is standing right in front of me. He is looking at me right in the eye, challenging me to run away, just like I did two years back.

Just what I want to do right now. I wasn't prepared for this. I wasn't supposed to meet him right now. But here I am and there's nothing I can do to undo this.

No! You can do this Nora. You can face him. That's what you've been preparing yourself to do so since these past two years right? To face this monster disguised as a human.

You're strong. You're undefeatable. He cannot cause you any harm now. You're not the same person you used to be two years ago.

I kept on chanting this in my head again and again when his bitch of a step-sister Natalia Woods asked him whether he knows me or not. I saw how his lips twitched upwards when he decided to utter those words that took me back to the time where all of it started.

"Run Nora! Go away! If he finds out you're here he might harm you too!"

"No no I'm not going anywhere. I'm not gonna leave you here!", I cried whilst holding her head in my arms.

"What the fuck are you talking about?", Logan asked confused just like all the others around us. I stood still as a statue, tears pooling in my eyes because of the horrible memory running before my eyes. All the other people around us were also shocked at the new found information of Eric dating my sister or the fact that I had a sister in the first place.

No one knew.

No one.

Silence surrounded all of us and I looked at Eric to see that stupid evil smirk still lingering on his face. I don't know what my facial expressions were saying but it was definitely along the lines of 'Please don't open your stupid mouth' but was he going to do what I want him to do?

Absolutely not!

So he said it. He laid out my secrets, the ones that I've been hiding for two years in front of everyone one.

"Her twin sister to be precise. I used to date her twin sister."

I shut my eyes tightly to stop the tears from flowing in front of all these people. My fists were clenched and if it weren't for the people surrounding us and the fact that I wasn't prepared to face that son of a bitch today, I would have happily beaten him to death.

I felt a hand on my shoulder. Opening my eyes, I saw Logan looking at me wearily. A tear slipped out of my eye and he wiped it quickly.

"Well where is she?", Natalia asked again. This girl just doesn't know when to shut up.

Before Eric could answer her I interjected rather angrily, "It's none of your business," and stormed out of the place towards the parking lot. I heard Logan yell my name from behind but I refused to turn around. Tears were streaming down my face in full speed and I didn't want anyone to see me like this.

Especially not Logan.

I walked faster but someone gripped my wrist and pulled me towards their chest.

It was Logan. I could recognize his scent.

He hugged me tightly and I did not protest. I continued to cry, my face buried in his chest while he tightened his grip around me and kept on repeating soothing words. We stood there for God knows how long with only the sound of my cries surrounding us.

I didn't want to let go but eventually I pulled back and wiped my tears.

"I'm sorry.", I said while looking at the ground.

"Hey.", he said softly and held my face in both of his hands. Making me look into his blue eyes, he said, "It's alright."

"I want to go home.", I whispered.

He nodded and guided me towards his car. We settled down and were on our way in no time. The entire journey was silent. I looked out of the window during the ride, tears still streaming down my face. Thousands of thoughts ran through my head.

I couldn't believe all of this actually happened. Everyone knows about her. He told everyone.

How was this even possible? Since two years I have hidden this from everyone. I left Beaufort and moved to California just to get away from that town and the people because they knew about my sister and what happened to her.

This was a new place, where no one knew me, no one had any idea about my past. Little did I know that the culprit was going to turn out to be a step brother of one of my classmates.

Step brother my foot!

How am I supposed to tell everything to Logan. Will he understand? He deserves to know right? After all he is a part of this mess now.

God I feel so guilty about dragging him into all this. He doesn't even know what he is getting into. But I need his help. I need him to get into the competition.

It doesn't matter if he knows everything. I have to tell him.

We came to a halt near my apartment building.

"She died.", I said numbly.

"What?", Logan asked confused.

I turned to look at him, "My sister. She died two years ago."

"Oh! I'm sorry.", He said and I nodded.

"You wanted to know why I fight right?", I questioned and he nodded his head in affirmation.

"It's because I want to avenge her death. I want to take revenge for her murder.", I spoke emotionlessly.

Logan's eyes widened, "Murder?"

"Yes murder! My twin sister was murdered and her murderer is none other than Eric fucking Woods.", I stated and clenched my fists.

He stayed silent for some time as if trying to take in all this new information. "So what does Eric Woods murdering your sister and these underground fights that you play have in common?", He asked even more confused than before.

I looked at him and gave him a sad smile. Taking a deep breath, I began...

"My sister's name was Cara."

_______________________________________

Another CLIFFHANGER!
HAHA!

What do you guys think happened? I would love to know your theories.

Enjoy the chapter and don't forget to tap the golden star below. 🌟