Chapter 33: Dress

'Don't dress to kill, dress to survive!' - Karl Langerfeld

NORA'S P.O.V:

After Logan dropped me off, I entered my bedroom and changed into comfortable clothes. Today was fun but I'm not sure about tomorrow. The Great Ball is tomorrow and Logan had asked me to be his date.

Part of me wants to squeal and jump around but there is another part that just isn't ready for all of this. I'm so used to being alone since the last two years that I never felt the need to make friends or socialize in general. But right now I really wished I had made some female friends who would help me in situations like this. Situations where I'm supposed to accompany a guy as his date.

I have no idea what I'm supposed to do. Logan really surprised me today by making the so called date adventurous. I didn't feel out of place at all. But we're talking about a ball party right now. I cannot go there dressed up in a t-shirt and sweatpants. Well, I can but I don't want to.

I'm supposed to be wearing an actual dress. Don't even get me started on the heels that women wear under such extravagant dresses. How do they not step on their own dresses and fall down? The only thing that Nora Flynn has ever been afraid of is high pointed heels. They're so pointy I'm afraid they might create a hole on someone's legs if you step on them.

Oh God this is ridiculous! I never thought there would come a time when the main problem in my life would be deciding on what I'm supposed to wear to a party. Is it the end of the world already?

I can't do this. I can't go to that ball. I don't want to make a fool out of myself when I fall down because of the heels in front of everyone. Having made the decision, I picked up my phone and texted Logan.

[N]: Hey! I don't think I'll be able to accompany you to that ball. Please find someone else to go with you.

I felt like banging my head once I pressed send. Who would waste an opportunity like this to be their crush's date to prom? The one and only: Nora Flynn. My phone pinged instantly.

[L]: We had a deal. You cannot back out :)

[N]: I'll do something else..

[L]: What is your reason?

I contemplated on whether I should tell him or not. I can't tell him I'm scared of wearing heels!

[N]: I don't have any dress to wear to that ball.

And the award for the latest reason goes to Nora Flynn!

[L]: I knew you'd say something like that. I've already spoken to my mom and she'll be really happy to help you out.

[N]: Your mom?? Are you crazy? Did you tell your mom too that we're dating?

[L]: We aren't?

[N]: Logan :/

[L]: Well, we did go on a date so technically, we are dating baby!

[N]: I'll kill you of you call me baby.

[L]: Come on babe... I've already told mom. You can't back out now.

[N]: You're dead.

[L]: I love you too <3

I shut my phone and threw it on my bed. I'm going to kill that man. Definitely!

I opened my wardrobe and glanced at the heap of hoodies at one corner and gym clothes at another. I sighed. The Great Ball is tomorrow and I don't have a single dress that I could wear. I really wish she was here. Maybe she could help me out. But, if she was there, I wouldn't have been here.