Chapter 2 : Adrenaline

'Adrenaline is wonderful! It covers pain. It covers dementia. It covers everything!'
-Jerry Lewis.

One week ago...

LOGAN'S P.O.V:

I could clearly hear the faint screams coming from the crowd out there.
I parked my car in the parking lot and stepped out only to be knocked down on the floor with my best friend on top of me.

"Logan! My pal. I knew you would come!" Charlie exclaimed still lying on top of me.

"You need to win this match Logan." he yelled.

"I don't think I'll be able to win today." I said.

"What are you saying dude. You can't do this okay. I have my money on you."

I scowled at him and said, "Well dude! If you keep on tackling me all the time, then I am sure I won't win!"

Just as I thought he would get up, he started to laugh. WHAT! That asshole started to laugh.

"Stop laughing you asshole. Get up now." I ordered.

"You scared the crap out of me Logan. I thought you were being serious." , he said while giving me a goofy grin.

Without saying anything, I pushed him away and got up.

Dusting the dirt from my jeans, I made my way towards the crowd. Charlie caught up and started walking with me. I could see the crowd from here. There were so many people. They were shouting some one's name. That player might be good. I need to watch out.

"Come on Logan. We should see that match." Charlie said pulling me towards the crowd.

"No Charlie. I don't have the time. I need to get ready for my match." I replied coolly and started walking towards the opposite direction.

Suddenly, I felt some one pulling me away in the direction opposite from my destination.

"Charlie! What are you doing? I said I don't have time."

"No dude. You need to see it. That guy is the best. What if he is your opponent? You need to know his game right?"

"No Charlie! I don't want to know anything about my opponent. I like surprises. You know that right?" I smirked.

Charlie let go of my hand and started walking backwards. He sighed before saying,

"Okay fine! But be ready. You're next. You have to win okay?"

Then he turned around and walked away where the street fighting match was going on. But I heard him saying some thing else which left me in confusion. "I hope you win!"

What did he mean by that. Of course I will win. I am Logan Henderson after all. I never lose.

Well, I know that this is the first time I am fighting in this town. But it won't be that tough right? I mean I never lost when I used to play back.in Manhattan. What is so special about California huh? I shrugged and let go of that thought. Only time will decide....

Now I was standing inside the ring. I was wearing a simple V-neck black T-shirt and trousers. My heart was beating loudly in my rib cage. I was far from nervous. It was the adrenaline that was pumping through my veins.

I just loved this feeling. The feeling when you feel your heart will explode any minute. The feeling when your stomach churns making you all excited. It gives me a lot of satisfaction. I closed my eyes and experienced each moment of this feeling. I don't fight in these matches to earn money. I crave for adrenaline. I just have my ways of experiencing it.

When I opened my eyes, I saw my opponent standing opposite to me. He started shouting at the audience and forced them to cheer for him. He then removed his shirt to show his body. I cringed when I saw the disgusting sight in front of me. That guys was not at all what I expected. He was well built but his chest was covered with hair. And when I say hair, I mean lots of hair!

I felt like throwing up. Ew! There was no way I was gonna touch that man. I had to do something. I needed to think of some other way to bring him down without me touching his body hair.

Before my mind could work, the bell ringed signalling the start of this round. I groaned internally when I saw him approaching me in full speed. I knew what I had to do. Use his power against him. So I let him appraoch me. The moment he was at a distance of a foot away from me, I moved aside and put my leg in between. He tripped and fell down on the ground.

The whole crowd erupted in cheers. I waited for the hairy gut to stand up and attack me but he was not moving. When I went there, he had already passed out.

I sighed in relief when I realised that I don't need to touch him. The referee came up to me. He picked up my hand and declared me the winner. I didn't feel any special. All this was not new to me. I was used to winning all the time. I grinned and waved at the audience before walking out.
_______________________________

Hey guys! I hope you like this chapter! Please feel free to point out any mistakes.
Btw... Who do you think I should cast Logan as?
I was thinking of CHACE CRAWFORD. Anyway please give your suggestion.
Don't forget to comment and vote please.😊