Chapter 4: Start

'So take a deep breath, pick yourself up, dust yourself off, start all over again! '
-Frank Sinatra

LOGAN'S P.O.V:

'When the world falls into pieces.. You'll be the one voice of reason.. When I can't face all my demons.... You'll be the one I believe in... '

Ughhhhhh... Who on earth is singing so early in the morning? God! Can't they let me sleep peacefully for once?

But why does this song sound so damn familiar?

'Through the thunder and the rain.... Together we fall together we fly away.. '

It's my ringtone. But who is calling me so early on a Monday morning?

Monday... Monday... Shit!
It's Monday.
Monday means first day of school. What is the time?

I quickly grabbed my phone from the night stand and saw that Charlie was calling me.

I checked the time to see that school starts in an hour. I sighed in relief before answering the call.

"Hello?"

"Yo Logan! Pick your lazy ass up and get ready. I am coming at your place in five minutes."

"Okay Charlie. Thanks man! "

"Logan hurry up. You're gonna be late." I heard my mom calling me from down stairs.

"Coming mom." I quickly replied before getting up from my bed.

"Yeah Hurry up mommy's boy." I heard Charlie shouting from the other end before hanging up.

Asshole.

I went in the wash room to freshen up and do my daily routine.

I walked outside only wearing a towel around my waist. I saw myself in the mirror and grinned.

How can someone look so good?

I chuckled realizing that I was talking to myself.

I quickly wore a grey T-shirt and blue jeans and ran my hands through my hair to make myself look a little presentable.

I walked in the kitchen to find my mom making pancakes. My stomach grumbled at the lovely sight in front of me.

"Good morning Mom." I walked towards my mom and kissed her on her cheeks.

"Good morning honey. Are you ready for your first day at school? Oh my GOD! I am so excited. "

My mom started jumping like a teenage girl.
I rolled my eyes and said, "Mom it's not the first time I'm going to school okay. I'm not a kid anymore. "

"You may not be a kid anymore but you will always remain my baby so keep quiet and eat your breakfast. " my mom said in a serious tone.

I smiled at her and hugged her. "Thank you mom. For everything. " I said.

"You're welcome honey. Now quickly eat your pancakes before they become cold. "

"Yeah."

My mom is the most beautiful woman in this world for me. After dad, I only have my mom. We both have gone through a lot of obstacles and if it weren't for my mom, I wouldn't be able to cope up from my dad's death. I don't know how she might be feeling. She lost the love of her life. I just wish she is happy. Her happiness is all that matters to me.

I took a bite of these pancakes and moaned in satisfaction. Yummmm!
My mom makes the most amazing pancakes.

"Mom. This is amazing. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you!" I thanked my mom and resumed eating this piece of heaven.
I heard the loud honk of the car.

"Oh that must be Charlie. I should get going mom."

"Wait. Invite Charlie for breakfast too. I haven't met that boy in such a long time." my mom said. I nodded and went out to call Charlie.

Before I could call him, he was already on my door step. I gave him a confused look before asking,

"How did you know I was going to call you?"

"Oh I just couldn't resist this amazing aroma of the pancakes. So I self invited myself." Charlie said while scratching the back of his head.

Typical Charlie.

I just shrugged and opened the door wide for him to enter.
He entered my house and said, "Rose. Good morning. How are you?"

"Charlie. My boy. I am good and I assume so are you. Come sit down. Your pancakes are almost ready.", my mom said before running in the kitchen to get the pancakes.

You might be thinking how Charlie and I are so close if I moved here recently. Well before moving to Manhattan, we used to live here, in California. Charlie and I are childhood friends. But dad was a navy officer. So he got promoted and we moved away. Now when he is not here, my mom and I decided to move back and carry on with our lives. That place reminds us about dad a lot.

I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't hear my mom calling me.

"Logan? What happened? This is the third time I'm calling you. "

"Oh nothing mom. I just spaced out. By the way why were you calling me?" I asked.

"I wanted to tell you that you have not yet finished your pancakes. They're already cold."

"Oh. Don't worry I'll eat it. Thanks. " I said and resumed eating my breakfast.

The room was silent except for the weird sound that Charlie was making while stuffing his mouth with pancakes.

Gross!

I made a disgusted face but he just shrugged.

"What? I can't help it if these pancakes are so yummy." he said before taking the last bite.

Now we were on our way to school. Charlie was in the driver's seat while I was sitting in the passenger's seat. The ride went on smoothly and we reached school in five minutes. There was still twenty minutes left for school to start. Charlie parked his car in the parking lot and stepped out of it. I too stepped out of the car and faced the only place that is like a nightmare to every student out here.

NORTHSIDE ACADEMY.

As I made my way towards the gate, I saw some of the students turn their attention towards me before giving me a confused look. Some of the girls turned to me and gave me flirtatious glances. Charlie was walking besides me and I think even he sensed it.

He said, "Dude! I think I finally have some competition now. "

As you know, Charlie is the typical man candy of North side Academy. Girls swooning over him, guys jealous of him, typical high school drama!

"Yeah. I can see that." I said.

We both chucked before walking inside the school building. This is gonna be one hell of a day.

_______________________________
Hey guys! Thank you for reading my book!
Please feel free to point out any mistakes! If you all have any questions, please do ask me.
I am thinking of casting Charlie as Brandon Larracuente! But I would like to hear your opinions too.
Don't forget to comment and vote😊