Chapter 12: Ego

'When you allow your ego to control your thoughts, everything you believe becomes an illusion."
- Rusty Eric.

Logan's P.O.V:

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

Who on earth is making this sound again and again. Can't they see I'm trying to sleep out here? But where is this noise coming from? Where am I?

My eyes fluttered open and came in contact with bright white light. I quickly shut them. Opening one eye, I could see a blur figure standing in front of me.

"Mom?" I asked.

"Oh Honey! You're awake. How are you? How are you feeling? Is the pain too bad? What happened? Who did this to you? Answer me Logan! You know I was so worried!" my mom started showering me with questions.

Her cheeks had stains of tears and her eyes were puffy. She must've been crying the whole night. Immediately a wave of guilt passed over me. I didn't like to hurt my mom.

Before I could say anything, the doctor entered the room and said, "Calm down Mrs Henderson. You're son is completely fine. I need you to stay outside so that I can check him."

My mom slowly nodded and left the room before kissing me on my cheeks.

The doctor turned his attention towards me and asked, "So Mr Henderson! How are you feeling?"

"Oh! I'm fantastic! Just a little bit bruises. Probably a broken nose. Rest all is fine!" I said sarcasm lacing in my tone. I was already in a bad mood. And this doctor had to ruin it more.

The doctor chuckled and said, "He didn't spare you, did he?"

My eyes widened at his question.
"What are you talking about?" I questioned confused.

Does he know? But how?

"Don't stress your brain too much young boy. I know about your match last night. Tom has assigned me as a private doctor to treat all the injured players. You're not the first one to come here. Raca doesn't spare his opponents. Some of them are worse. But you're lucky. I'm surprised that you even survived for fifteen minutes!
Anyways, I'm Doctor Xavier Felton but you can call me Xavier. And I want you to tell me which part of your body is hurting so that I can help you and you can quickly get discharged."
I nodded my head and told him about my condition.

-

After prescribing me the required medicine and telling me to rest for the whole day, I was discharged from the hospital. It was not a hospital exactly. It was more like a private hospital. Somewhat close to it, I think!

Xavier told me that I was lucky as I wasn't injured much because I passed out and luckily Raca couldn't beat me any further. But he did leave me with a broken nose and a swelling on my head.

I'll get back to him one day. I still can't believe that I lost. How is that possible?

Well Guess what? Charlie was right after all. I shook my head and dismissed all my thoughts. I didn't want to accept it. I just don't want to think about it right now. I'll deal with him later.

I changed from the hospital clothes and walked outside my room to see mom waiting for me along with Charlie. Charlie gave me a hug but was careful of my injuries.

I gave my mom a cheeky smile but she just pulled my ears and started shouting at me. This was the third time I was listening to her rants.

My mom knew that I go to these fights. She thought that they are friendly matches. But she didn't know how dangerous they were.

"........to you! Are you listening to me Logan? Do you know what I had to go through. I only have you in my life. I can't afford to lose you!"

"I said I'm sorry mom. It wasn't my fault that my opponent didn't know the meaning of a friendly match!"

Mom twisted my ear harder this time.

"Ow..ow. Stop. Ow. It. Mom. Ow! What is wrong with you woman? Can't you see I'm injured already!" I scowled.

"I can see it clearly. That is why I have come to this decision that you will no longer go to play these matches and you are grounded for a week. And on top of that, you are not getting your pocket money for this week. Did I make myself clear?"

"But mom..."

"No buts okay! I don't want to hear anything. Did I make myself clear? "

I frowned but nodded my head. You can never argue with my mother.

"Good! Now let's get going. You have school tomorrow. You already missed school today."

My mom turned around and started making her way towards our car.

Oh shit! Now I'll have to go to school with a broken nose!

"Mom! Can I resume school after my nose gets healed. I really don't want to face people who will continuously keep on asking me what happened to my nose. And I'm too lazy to answer them now." I asked while sitting inside.

"That's never going to happen honey. Consider it as another punishment!" my mom said while smirking.

When did women start smirking? Now I know where did I get the habit of smirking from. Definitely not my dad. He was the sweet innocent goody two shoes even when he was in highschool.

We dropped Charlie at his place and went home. It was 7 p.m and I was really tired. I bid my mom goodbye and went inside my room. I saw the love of my life and quickly jumped on my bed and sighed in satisfaction.

This is the best feeling ever. You never get enough of it.

I turned around and stared at the ceiling as my mind wandered around yesterday's memories. I felt rage boiling inside me. I wanted to hurt him. Hurt Raca so badly.

Maybe my ego is too big. I don't care. But I'm not going to leave him.

I grabbed my pillow and screamed loudly in it. It calmed me down a bit but I completely forgot about my broken nose. Shit! It's paining now.

I groaned and switched off the lights and closed my eyes. Soon I drifted into the world of darkness.
_______________________________
How are you all?

How was the Chapter? Hope you all enjoyed.

Don't forget to comment and vote please😊