Chapter 29: Charm

'Charm is more valuable than beauty. You can resist beauty but you can't resist charm '
~ Audrey Tautou.

LOGAN'S P.O.V:

"Did you guys decide who's going to be your date for the Great Ball?", asked Charlie while shoving a slice of pizza in his mouth.

"What Great Ball?", I asked in confusion.

"It's our farewell party, more like prom.", answered Joe.

Prom huh? It completely slipped out of my mind.

"What's with the whole Grand name?", I asked quoting the word 'Grand' with my fingers.

"Our school wanted to do something different, so they set it up as a Great ball party which the juniors organize for the seniors as a sort of farewell.", It was Tyler who explained it.

We all were gathered together in Charlie's basement, more like a game room if you look at it. It's been a while since we have all hung out like this. Nora called in sick today, so I got a chance to spend time with them.

When she texted me saying she is sick, I got worried. My first instinct was to go and check up on her, but I refrained myself thinking she needs her personal space. It felt weird texting her and talking about our problems like we've known each other for a long time.

I don't know what compelled me to call her but I just did. She sounded so weak. The way her voice broke while talking about her parent's death made me feel so horrible, though I didn't do anything. It made me realize how lucky I was to have grown up with my parents by my side. Even though I lost my dad, I still have my Mum and she is my family. I wouldn't imagine a life without her. When I asked her about having any sibli..

"What about you Logan?"

I came out of my thoughts upon hearing my name. Looking up, I found three pair of eyes directed at me, patiently waiting for my answer.

"Sorry what?", I asked slightly embarrassed for zoning out of the conversation.

"Do you have someone in mind or do you want me to find a date for you?", asked Charlie.

I scratched my head and asked, "Can't we go without one?"

"No!", All three of them exclaimed together.

"Geez relax! Let me think about it. I do have someone in mind.", I said while biting my cheeks from the inside to refrain myself from smiling. Before I could speak further, I was bombarded with questions on the lines of..

"Who is she?"

"What's her name?"

"Are you serious? When did this happen?"

"Why didn't you tell us before?

"Guys relax!", I shouted. "It's nothing. I was joking. I just wanted to see your reaction."

"Don't act innocent Logan! I know you have someone in mind.", Charlie said.

"Why would you think that? Seriously, there is no one.", I said humorously.

No one? Really?

Shut up!

Charlie and Tyler exchanged suspicious looks before directing it at me. It was Tyler who begun.

"You know you can share anything with us right? That's what friends are for."

I furrowed my brows in confusion.

"What are you talking about?"

Wait! Do they know? I gulped when both of them gave me scrutinizing looks.

Charlie let out a sigh and said, "We know Logan. You don't need to hide it from us."

What? That's not possible. They can't know!

Still looking at my confused face, Tyler decided to put me out of my misery, "We know about you and Nora Flynn."

Uh-oh!

"Uh... How did you find out?", I asked wearily.

"We saw you going to that diner the other day. You both looked quite close. There's no need to be ashamed Logan. We won't judge you if you date a girl like Nora Flynn.", Charlie answered.

Oh thank God!

They think we're dating. They don't know about her secret.

"What do you mean by a girl like Nora?", I asked with a hint of anger lacing my voice.

A sense of overprotectiveness surged over me and I felt like I needed to defend Nora. I didn't bother denying their statement about us being together. It was better if they thought I was dating her so that they wouldn't question me further as to why I spend most of my time with her.

"Whoa calm down loverboy! I didn't mean it as an insult. We all know Nora isn't the typical girl who will fall on your feet. She is the only one who has been able to put your ego aside.", Charlie explained.

I let out a sigh, "That's true! She is the only one." I whispered the last part to myself and as much as I tried not to, I couldn't stop the smile creeping it's way on my face. It was at that moment that I realized that I was screwed.

I was starting to like Nora Flynn.

Joe wiggled his eyebrows and asked in a playful tone, "When were you going to tell us?"

I laughed, "Don't get too excited buddy. It's not like we're dating. We're just......hanging out", I said trying to find the appropriate word.

"Whoa whoa whoa! So you haven't asked her out yet?" Charlie interrupted me. "What's wrong with you?"

"What do you want me to do? Just ask her to become my girlfriend?"

"Yes!", all three of them said simultaneously.

"It's not that easy okay? I can't do it.", I said burying my face in my hands.

"But what's the problem mate?" Joe asked.

"It's just that.. I.. I am scared."

"Scared of what? That she might beat the shit out of you?", Charlie asked and all three of them started laughing.

I gave them a serious look. "Yeah! You guys would know right. You'll have already been there."

That shut them up. What I didn't say that I've been there too a few times.

All three of them were quiet. I assumed they were reminiscing the time when Nora had beaten them. I feel like laughing every time I think about it.

When none of them spoke, I decided to break the silence. "I'm scared to know what she feels. What if she doesn't like me back? What am I going to do then?"

Charlie sat by my side and patted my back.
"You don't need to worry when you have a friend like Charlie, understood? No matter how tough she is, she is a girl in the end. And we know how to make a girl fall for our charms don't we?", he asked with a smirk on his face.

I looked at him and smirked back, "Sure we do!"

_______________________________________

Hope you enjoy the chapter.

I would love to know about your opinions on this book.

Don't forget to hit the golden star below. It's just a tap on the screen but it means a lot to me.

Enjoy!