Chapter 19: Fault

'Our worst fault is our preoccupation with the fault of others.' - Kahlil Gibran.

NORA'S P.O.V:

I was standing with my mouth open as I took in the sight in front of me. What stood in front of me was an exclusively luxurious, modern, extremely elegant bungalow. Calling it beautiful would be an understatement.
It was situated at the end of a long street lined by trees on either sides. There was a fountain in the middle of the drive way with water flowing out in tiers. The doorway was high and arched, supported by two massive pillars each on one side. There were stairs that lead to the main entrance of the house.

I didn't know Logan would be this rich.

I rang the bell once and waited outside Logan's house. I rang the bell again when no one answered it. Still no answer. Maybe this is the wrong address. I won't leave that dumbass Charles if he gave me the wrong address. I'll freeze him to death and bury him six feet under the ground. I was getting impatient. Ringing the bell one last time, I sighed in frustration when I didn't get any answer.
Charles better be prepared with his grave.

I turned around to leave before someone thinks I'm mad when a car pulled in the driveway. I freezed on my spot.

A pretty woman in her mid forties stepped out of the car and gave me a polite smile. She walked up to me and asked, "Hello! How may I help you?"

I regained my composure and opened my mouth to say something but I was lost for words. I didn't know who she was. Maybe she lives here.
"I, umm... Does Logan live here?"

She smiled at me and said, "Yes. I'm his mother. And you are?"

I looked at her and saw the resemblance between her and Logan. She was pretty with short height and brown hair. Her eyes were the same colour as Logan's. All in all, she was beautiful. No wonder where Logan got his charms from.

'Did I just think about that?'

Nevermind.

"I...I.. am Nora. Nora Flynn. Nice to meet you. I'm Logan's friend. We go to the same school." I said, giving her a polite smile and extended my hand to greet her. She grinned and shook my hand enthusiastically.

"I'm Rose Henderson. Nice to meet you too Nora. Come on in.", she said, while unlocking her house and entering inside.

I followed her in and took a look at the appearance of his house. It was huge, way bigger than my small apartment. The entire interior of the house was white. White wall, white tiles decorating the floor, white curtains that covered the floor length windows allowing only limited amount of sunlight to enter illuminating the house even more. A huge stairway lead to the second floor of the house. I was so mesmerized by the beauty of the house that I didn't realize Logan's mom watching me with an amused expression on my face holding a glass of water. She offered me the glass and I accepted it gladly.

She looked at me from top to bottom and I suddenly fellt conscious of my attire. I have never really met any of my friends parents before considering my bad history with making friends. I shifted under her gaze and she noticed my uneasiness. She gave me a heartwarming smile and squealed.

"Logan didn't really mention me that he had a girlfriend. Oh my god! My son has finally grown up. Oh my god I'm so happy!", she continued with her rant while I just stood there in a shock. I cleared my throat to gain her attention and she came closer to me and kept both her palms on my cheeks. She grinned widely and squealed once again.

"You're so beautiful honey! I knew Logan would make me proud. But why didn't he mention me about you earlier. I'll go call him."
Before I could open my mouth to clear her misunderstanding, she turned around and made her way towards the stairs. In a moment she disappeared upstairs and I let out a defeated sigh. It's going to be hard convincing her.