Chapter 6: Light and Honor

'I am deeply loved, I am divinely blessed, I am my own sacred light, I honor the goddess within'
-Anonymous

LOGAN'S P.O.V:

The day went by smoothly and soon came lunch. Luckily I didn't get detention as it was my first day but I did get a warning. I was sitting at one of the tables with Charlie and his friends. They were really cool and we quickly got along. I was not paying attention to what was going on around me because I was busy eating my lunch.

This is so tasty!

I never thought food at the cafeteria would be this good.

My mind wandered back to the little encounter that I had with that nerd. I don't even know what her name is. I'll definitely ask her when I meet her next time. But I don't know when that next time will come. I hope it comes soon.

It was as if my prayers had been answered, I saw her walking inside the cafeteria. Her face was emotionless. Her blonde hair was tied in a high pony which reached slightly below her shoulders. She was still wearing her glasses which completely gave off the nerdy vibe.

As if sensing my gaze, she turned around. Our eyes met and a smirk formed on her face indicating that she caught me staring at her. I didn't give her any reaction.

Instead I waved at her and gave her one of my charming smiles. Her eyes widened at my action. My smile has this effect on girls. She gave me a tight lipped smile and turned around. Grabbing her plate from the cafetaria counter, she walked towards an empty table at the far off corner of the room and sat there. Putting on her earphones, she started eating her lunch. I picked up my plate and quickly excused myself from there.

Making my way towards nerdy - well I didn't know her name so I decided on referring to her as nerdy - I sat down on the chair opposite to her. She looked up to see me sitting in front of her. She just raised her eyebrows as if questioning me to what I am doing out here.

"Hi!" I said.

She looked straight in my eyes before removing her earphones and asked,

"What do you want jerk?"

"Logan" I said.

"What?"

"My name. It's Logan!" I said sweetly.

"I didn't ask you for your name." she replied in a numb tone.

"But I wanted you to know." I replied casually.

She just rolled her eyes and muttered "Whatever!" and continued eating her lunch.

"So..." I started to make a conversation.

"What?" she asked in an irritated tone.

"Won't you tell me what your name is?" I asked hoping she would tell me her name.

"No."

"Hey! That's not fair! I told you my name. Now it's your turn."

She leaned forward and banged her hands on the table and said, "Listen jerk! I already told you this and I am saying this again. I didn't ask you to tell me your name. So don't expect me to tell you my name. Now just shut up and let me eat my lunch in peace."

"Okay! As you say nerdy." I said calmly before giving her my signature smirk.

No one had ever talked to me in that tone before. I don't like it when people talk to me like that. I was just asking her for her name. But she has so much of arrogance. I have always tried to be a calm person. I treat people nicely. But I don't like it when people don't treat me the way I treat them. She may be extremely beautiful, I don't care. If she can get on my nerves then even I can get on hers.

She narrowed her eyes and asked,

"What did you just call me?"

"Nerdy."

"Shut up! And don't call me that."

"What? Nerdy?"

"I said don't call me nerdy."

"Then what should I call you?" I asked in a teasing manner. "You're not telling me your name."

She was silent for a few seconds before she said,

"What do you want Logan? I seriously don't understand why do you even want to talk to me? No one has ever tried to talk to me. So why are you here?"

She was right. Why did I want to talk to her.

"I don't know. Today is my first day of school. I'm new here. And you are the first person I met today. So I just thought that we should know each other. That's it, I guess?" I said, still confused.

"Oh." was all that she said.

"So now will you tell me?" I asked her with a bit of hope.

"Hmmmm.... Let me think!" she said while scratching her chin with her fingers.

"Oh come on! Now you're testing my patience nerdy!" I explained running my fingers through my hair in frustation.

"Let's make this a little civil, okay?" she asked before standing up.
I stood up with her and we both were standing straight facing each other. She then held out her hands for me to shake and said,

"Hi! I'm Nora. Nora Flynn. Nice to meet you"

"Hey! I'm Logan Henderson! Nice to meet you too." I said before shaking hands with her. We both smiled at each other and sat down to finish our lunch. There was still five minutes for the break to get over.

"Did you get detention this morning? " I asked hoping that she wouldn't get angry again!

"Yeah! All thanks to you." she said sarcasm lacing in her voice.

I chuckled and said, "You know it wasn't my fault."

"Oh please don't start that again." Nora said rolling her eyes.

"By the way, I like your name. Nora. What does it mean? " I asked.

She smiled before replying, " It has two meanings. First, it is a short form of a Latin word 'Honora' meaning 'Honor' and second, it means 'light' in Greek."

"Oh. That's cool. " I said.

Suddenly the bell went off signalling the end of the break. We both went to our classes before bidding our goodbyes.

School had ended and I was making my way toward the parking lot where Charlie was waiting for me. Before I could step out of the building, I heard a very familiar voice.

"Hey Jerk! Wait!"

I turned around to see Nora walking towards me.

"Hey Nerdy! What brings you here?" I asked.

She narrowed her eyes and asked, "Did you talk to Mrs. Norbury about me?"

I scratched the back of my head and said, "Well, I may or may not have said her that you were helping me by showing me the directions of the classrooms because I am a new student. And she may or may not have said that you were her favourite student and she didn't like to give you detention. So she will let you go."

"Are you serious? Mrs Norbury said that I am her favourite student?"

I nodded in approval.

"Whoaa! When did this happen?" she asked herself.

"Any way. Thank you very much. I'll get going now. Thank you once again!" she said before walking out of the door and going in the other direction.

I turned back to look at the school building and let out a sigh.

Well... First day of school is over.

Let's see what I've got ahead.
_______________________________
Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed the Chapter.
What are your views on Nora?
I was thinking of casting Gigi Hadid as Nora.
Any way please give me your opinion too.
Don't forget to comment and vote please😊