Chapter 8: Scared

'Sometimes you have to stop being scared and just go for it. Either it'll work or it won't. That's life.'
-Anonymous.

LOGAN'S P.O.V:

Days flew by quickly and it was already Friday. I have gotten used to the new surroundings by now. I made many new friends too. Some of them were already friends with Charlie.

For some odd reason, I found people, or let me specify girls mostly, staring at me.
At first, I thought it's because I look good. But then they started creeping me out.

I asked Charlie as to why they were staring at me but he just laughed and said that now I have to get used to all this staring because I have become an eye candy for them. God! What is wrong with them? And what the hell is an eye candy! Like what? They eat me with their eyes? Gross!

Many girls who I didn't even know started clinging to me but that stopped after I made it clear that I am not interested. It's not that I am not interested in girls. It's just that I find this whole dating thing as bull shit. It's just a waste of time.

Instead of enjoying their single life, they are destroying it by getting in all the relationship mess.

Now, it was lunch time and I was busy in my own thoughts.

Suddenly, a potato chip landed on my face. It brought me out of my reverie.

"What's your problem Charlie?" I asked slightly irritated.

"Nothing bro! You just don't look good while thinking. Don't stress your little brain so much." he chuckled and said.

I rolled my eyes and continued eating my lunch.

My eyes automatically traveled to the table at the far corner of the room. But it was empty just like the last few days. I wonder where Nora was? The last time I met her, it was during our soccer match. I don't even have her number. Neither I know where her classes are. I never asked her. Guess I'll do it the next time we meet.

From the corner of my eyes, I saw some one entering the cafeteria. I turned around to see Nora standing at the entrance. She looked at me and gave me a tight lipped smile. Her smile didn't reach her eyes. However I smiled back and motioned her to come over. Her eyes flickered to my side and saw my friends. A smirk formed on her lips as she made her way towards me.

Suddenly someone nudged be with their elbow. It was Charlie. I frowned at him but he rolled his eyes and said,

"Why the hell are you calling her? And how do you know her?"

"Who?" I asked confused.

"That n..n..nerd! Why did you tell her to come here?" He whisper yelled pointing pointing towards Nora.

"Dude! What's wrong with you? And why the hell are Tyler and Joe acting as if they saw a ghost?" I asked Tyler and Joe who were Charlie's friends and were currently sitting with us.

All three of their eyes widened at something behind me. I turned around and saw that Nora was standing there. I gave my friends one last glance and they all squirmed under their seats.

"Hey nerdy!! Don't just stand there. Come sit." I said while patting the seat next to me.

"Sure Jerk! Thanks." she said and sat down. All the of their eyes widened in shock while Nora had a smirk plastered on her face.

"You c..called h..her a n..n..nerdy?" Tyler asked still in a shock.

"Yeah!" I said still confused.

"And you l..let him call you a n..nerd?" Joe asked Nora.

What was going on?
"Okay guys! Now you all are scaring me! What is happening out here. Is there something I don't know?" I asked a little bit concerned.

"Jerk?" Nora called out.

"Hmm?" I replied.

"You didn't tell me you are friends with these people?"

"Well, we really didn't talk that much considering you're not there most of the time. So I never told you. And why are you asking me this question? You know them?" I asked.

I then looked back at my friends and saw that they were still scared.

I raised my brows and asked them, "Come on guys! Tell me. I'm sure whatever it is wasn't that bad! Why are you all scared of Nerdy? It's not like she ever beat the crap out of you!"

At the mention of this, their eyes widened even more and it looked like it would come out of their sockets any moment.

At the same time Nora started laughing at my comment.

"That! My friend is what actually happened!" she said and laughed even harder.

WHAT THE HELL!

The guys looked like they were about to pee in their pants any moment!

"I can give you an explanation." Charlie said looking at me.

"No you won't. I'll tell him what actually happened." Nora said giving him a stern look. Charlie gulped and nodded his head
She then turned to me and said
"So... What actually happened is..
_______________________________

Hey guys! Sorry for the cliffhanger. Hope you'll enjoyed it.

Please feel free to point out any mistakes.

Don't forget to comment and vote please! 😊