Chapter 35: Jealous

70K reads😍😍!!! Thank you so much my lovely readers.

'You can be the moon and still be jealous of the stars.'
- Gary Alan

LOGAN'S P.O.V:

I stopped my car in front of Nora's building's entrance and stepped out. Before I could get my phone to inform her about my arrival, I saw her walking towards my direction.

All words left my mouth the moment I laid my eyes on her. Even though I had seen her in the same outfit today, it was different to see her all dressed up. Her hair was styled sideways and her golden-brown locks were swaying with the wind. The way she was walking towards me looked like she had stepped out of a freaking magazine.

The slit of her dress revealed her long tanned legs as she walked with so much grace, she looked like a complete goddess. I couldn't stop myself from complementing her so I shouted, "You look different!" even before she could come near me.

"Better or worse?", she asked with a raised eyebrow and stood in front of me.

I grinned, "Definitely better!"

We stood there for a moment looking at each other, taking in each other's appearance with a hint of smile on our faces. The wind blew and one strand of Nora's hair came in front of her face. Before she could do anything, I swiped it away and tucked them behind her ears.

She looked surprised by my action but didn't do anything to move my hand away. I let my hand fall to my side and cleared my throat. Gesturing towards my car, I opened the door of the passenger side for and helped her get in. I walked around and got in before fastening my seatbelt. I looked up to see Nora grinning at me weirdly.

"What?", I asked.

"You're such a gentleman. Chivalry's not dead I guess."

I smiled, "Chivalry's not dead, but it's definitely fading away since the roots of feminism are growing deeper and deeper."

She rolled her eyes, "Come on, I don't get it! Why do you guys have a problem with feminism? Why can't you all accept the fact that women can do everything that a man can do. Women are equal to men, period."

"I'm not against feminism. It's just there is a lot of confusion regarding this topic. If you even do so much as open the car door for them, they get easily offended saying 'I can open my own doors!'", I stated quoting the last part with my fingers.

"For a second I thought you'll lash out on me but you didn't.", I continued.

"I didn't because I don't find chivalry offensive. I think It's great because it shows how well a guy is bought up when he acts like a true gentleman.", she stated and continued, "Feminism is a relative concept. Everyone has a different definition for it."

"I know and that's where the problem lies right? We boys don't know what goes on in a girl's head. Some might get offended if we act chivalrous while some might get offended if we don't act chivalrous. What are we supposed to do?", I asked and looked at her sideways.

"The way you speak about this topic seems like you have been a lot in this situation. How many girls have you dated in the past?"

I smirked, "I don't remember really, I've lost count."

My answer didn't phase her. She had a neutral expression on her face but I could sense the wheels churning in that brain of hers.

"Why do you have a problem?", I further asked just to get a reaction out of her.

She looked at me with narrowed eyes, "No! Why will I have a problem? You can date anyone you want. It's your life. Besides, it's not like I'm jealous.", She finished off with a shrug.