Chapter 46

Akechi was off today and we were spending time with Asumi. My mother came to visit us and got to see Asumi. She stayed for lunch and left afterwards. I put Asumi down for her nap and I walked back into the kitchen.

"She's finally asleep," I said.

"Do you want to get some rest? I can stay up in case Asumi wakes up."

"No, it's fine," I yawned.

"Y/N, get some rest."

I nodded, "Thank you." I walked over to him and pecked him on the cheek. I walked into the room and fell onto the bed, drifting off into sleep.

I looked outside and saw it was raining today. I sighed, remembering I had to get some things for Asumi. I walked into our room and looked over at Asumi. She was still asleep. I looked over at Y/N to see she was still asleep. I walked over to her.

"I'll be right back," I whispered and kissed her forehead.

I walked out of the room and grabbed my keys and umbrella. I walked out of the apartment and headed outside. I opened up my umbrella and headed to the store. I headed in and got what I needed. I paid and headed back out into the rain. I took a different way to the apartment. As I was walking I heard something down an alley. I turned and looked down the dimly light alley. It sounded like a cry. I walked down the alley to see a box was sitting on the ground. I knelt down and opened up the flaps. My heart dropped. I rested the umbrella on my shoulder and tried to hold it there in between my shoulder and head. I picked up the box and did my best to get back to the apartment as quickly as I could. When I reached the apartment I closed my umbrella and stood in the lobby for a minute. I walked to the elevator and headed up to the room.

When the doors opened up I walked down our hallway, making sure what was in the box was alright. I walked towards the door and grabbed my keys. I unlocked the door and walked inside. I closed the door and set Asumi's things on the counter. I walked over to the couch and placed the box down. 

"Akechi?" Y/N called.

"Yeah?" I asked, my eyes glued to the box.

"When did you leave?" she asked, walking out of the room.

"A few minutes ago," I said.

She walked over to me and looked at the box.

"What's in the box?"

I sat down next to Akechi as he stared at it.

"Don't just stare at it," I said.

He reached over towards the box. With shaking hands, he opened it. I looked over and my heart sank. What was in the box was a baby. It was a living and breathing baby. Akechi reached in and picked up the baby. He held them close. He looked down and then looked up at me.

"Who would do such a thing?" I asked, my voice breaking.

"I-I don't know," he said. "I found him."

"How do you know it's a boy?"

Akechi reached into the box and pulled out a small blue blanket. He wrapped up the baby and continued to hold him.

"What are we going to do, Y/N?" he asked.

I looked down at the baby. He was dirty, cold, and drenched in rain. Not to mention he was pink and his lips were purple. 

"How long was he out there?"

"I-I don't know. By the looks of the box, about a day."

I put my hand over my mouth as I gasped, "He's lucky he survived."

"We have to help him, Y/N."

"Akechi, I-I don't know."

"Y/N, do you know why I took him as soon as I found him?"

I sighed, "Because he reminded you of how you were brought up. No father and only a mother who had died."

He nodded his head, "I don't want him to grow up like how I did. Not feeling loved or wanted."

"Akechi, what are we going to do with two kids?"

"We can raise them."

"We don't even know where he came from," I said.

"It doesn't matter, Y/N. If we can give him the love he needs, it doesn't matter if he's related to us by blood. Y/N, he will be our son."

I sighed and nodded my head, "Alright."

Akechi had a big smile on his face. Tears streamed down his face and he placed his lips on mine. I smiled and kissed back. He pulled away and looked down at the baby.

"What should we name him?" I asked.

"Akihiko," Akechi said.

"I like it. It suits him. We have to have him legally, you know."

Akechi nodded, "I know."

"Sunday, we're going to have to go to court and see if we can adopt him legally."

He nodded again. I rested my head on his shoulder and he wrapped his arm around them.

"Thank you, Y/N."

"Besides, I wouldn't want a baby to miss out on a good father," I pecked his cheek. 

He smiled, "We wouldn't want him to miss out on a great family."

Sunday came and we headed to the court. My mother was watching over Asumi while we were going. She was confused why we just suddenly had another baby at the apartment. Akechi explained everything that happened. My mother was sympathetic and understood right away. We waited for a hearing and we were brought in.

"Please rise for the judge," an officer said.

Since it was a private hearing, it was just the judge and us. He walked in and sat down. We sat down and he looked at both of us.

"You're the Goro's, correct?" the judge asked.

"Yes, your honor," Akechi said.

"And you wish to adopt this boy who was found on the street?"

"Yes, your honor," I said.

"Let me ask you this, do you know who the parents are?" 

"No, your honor," Akechi answered.

"Do you care to know who the parents are?"

"With all due respect, your honor, we don't care if we're not the baby's biological parents. We just want him to have a nice, loving family," I said.

The judge nodded, "I guess this discussion is over. I declare you two parents of this new baby. What is his name?"

"Akihiko, your honor," Akechi said.

"I see. Akihiko Goro. Has a nice ring to it," he said and slammed his gavel. 

Akihiko was brought back to us after being taken care of. Akechi held him close and I leaned into him. 

"I will do anything to protect my entire family," he said and kissed my forehead.