Chapter 28

~1 year~

A year had passed by and today, Akechi and I are celebrating one year together. I never would of thought we would be together for a whole year. But we were. I was getting ready to go out with him, but my mother had called me into the kitchen.

"Yeah?"

"I know I shouldn't tell you this right now, but something came up with work."

"What happened?"

"They're moving me to a different department and that means we're moving."

"Moving?"

"Yeah. Out of Japan."

"W-what?" I asked.

"We're moving out of Japan and into the US. They filed all the paperwork so we don't have to worry."

"What part of the US?"

"We're going to Texas."

"Texas?"

"Yeah. I'm sorry to tell you, but we're moving within a couple of weeks. They want me over there as soon as possible."

"W-why do I have to go?"

"Where else were you going to go?"

"I could stay with Akechi. Stay with Sojiro?"

"I don't want to burden them."

"I won't burden them, mom. And if you're worried about Akechi and I doing stupid stuff, I assure you, we won't."

"I know, but I want you to come with me. There's no getting out of this, Y/N."

I nodded and went back to getting ready. I waited in the kitchen for Akechi. There was a knock at the door and I walked over to answer it. Akechi smiled at me.

"Hi, Y/N."

"Hi, Akechi," I said, trying to hide what had just happened.

"Are you ready to go?"

"Yeah," I said.

We walked over to the train station and headed to a restaurant that was outside of Shibuya. We finished dinner and we walked around the area.

"Something seems a bit off, Y/N."

"Nothing's off."

"There is something off."

"Akechi, I swear, nothing is off."

He stopped in front of me and looked me right in the eyes. I couldn't hold it in and cried. I buried my face in his chest and cried.

"Here, sit down," he said and we walked over to a bench. "What's going on? Something must of happened just recently."

"My mother just told me we're moving."

"Moving?" he asked.

I could tell his heart dropped. "Yeah. She's moving due to work."

"Are you moving to another area?"

"Texas."

"All the way to the US?"

"Yeah. Everything is filed out. All we need to do is head over there."

His gaze dropped and a tear rolled down his eye. He quickly wiped it away and nodded, "I see. When are you leaving?"

"Two weeks from now."

"I promise you, I will make those the best two weeks."

"You don't have to do anything, Akechi."