Chapter 40

I woke up to see Akechi was still sleeping. I smiled and nuzzled against him. I turned around and put my back against his chest. I stared at our rings that were on the night stand. I smiled and Akechi woke up. He leaned over and kissed my cheek.

"Morning, Y/N."

"Morning, Akechi," I said and turned towards him.

He placed his lips onto mine for a brief moment before pulling away. He glanced over at the rings and smiled.

"I still can't believe it."

"You better believe it. We're going to be together for a long time," I said and placed my head in the crook of his neck.

He smiled and kissed the top of my head, "No better way than to spend the rest of my life with the one I love."

"We should get ready. We have a seven pm flight."

"That's right," Akechi said. "We still need to pack."

"Better get to it," I said and got up. Akechi got up and we got everything together. He was finishing up while I grabbed his laptop to print out our airplane tickets. I grabbed our passports and put them on the counter. I closed his laptop and walked back into his room.

"We have everything?"

"I do. I don't know about you, though."

I checked everything and nodded, "I have everything. Tickets and passports are on the counter."

"I'm going to take a shower."

"I'm going after you then," I said.

He walked over to the bathroom closet and grabbed a towel. He headed into the bathroom and closed the door. I grabbed my phone and looked through the photos Futaba, Akira, Makoto, and Ann had sent me last night. They were all great photos and I sent them to Akechi. He came out of the shower. 

"You're up," he said.

I walked past him and grabbed a towel. I took my shower, changed, and headed back to his room. Around five, we grabbed everything and headed towards the airport. We went through security and checked our bags. We got to the gate around six and we got something to eat before our flight. We were sitting at the gate, our hands intertwined with one another's.

"Y/N?" Akechi asked.

"Yeah?"

"Do you want to have kids?"

I smiled and kissed his cheek, "Of course I do."

He smiled. I put my head on his shoulder and he put his head atop of mine. Our plane arrived and we boarded. It was going to be a long flight from here to Florida. We both fell asleep and woke up when we landed. We got off, got our luggage, and rented a car. We drove to our hotel and checked in. We got to our room and we both fell onto the bed.

"Was the jet lag this bad when you went to see my father?" I asked Akechi.

"This is worse," he said. 

"I'm down for a nap," I said.

"Me too," he said and wrapped his arms around my waist. He pulled me close to him. My back was against his chest. 

An hour had passed and we both woke up from our small nap. It was around the evening time and we grabbed something small to eat in one of the restaurants that were around the hotel. We came back to the hotel room and I changed. When I was done, Akechi changed and got into bed. I fell down next to him and he kissed my cheek.

"Tomorrow, I'm taking you out for dinner."

I smiled, "Thank you."

In the morning, we changed into our swimsuits and headed down to the beach. We set out our beach towels and Akechi went to get an umbrella. He came back and opened it up. We both sat down and watched the waves come onto shore.

"Miami is pretty hot," he said.

"Yeah. Especially in this time of year."

We sat there for a few minutes before I stood up and grabbed Akechi's hand.

"Come on! Let's jump in the water."

He smiled and got up. We walked down to the shore and the water ran across our feet. It was nice and cold. He intertwined his hand with mine and we walked along the shore. We headed back to our spot and sat down for a bit.

"This is definitely different from Japan," Akechi said.

"Yeah. There is still quite a lot of people, though."

"At least we're not literally on top of each other here," he chuckled. 

"Yeah."

Around lunch time, we packed up our things and headed back to the hotel. I took a shower and Akechi took a shower after me. When we were done, we grabbed some lunch and came back to the hotel room to relax before we went out tonight. Around four, Akechi got up and changed.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"Some where a bit fancy. I hope you brought a nice dress. Or at least a nice shirt and dress pants."

"I brought a nice shirt and pants."

"That will do," he said.

"I hope you're not going all out tonight."

"I mean, I might be a bit over dressed."

"What did you bring?"

He walked out with a white button down shirt on, black dress pants, and a tie. I walked over to him and tightened his tie a bit.

"I think you look fine," I said and gave him a quick peck on the lips. "But," I said and walked behind him. I grabbed his hair and put it into a ponytail. "There. Much better."

"You really do like my hair being up."

"It suits you," I said and got ready to change.

When I was ready, we headed out of our room and Akechi led me to a restaurant. It was nice inside. We sat outside and looked at the water. It was a nice view since the sun was almost setting.

"It's beautiful out here," I said.

"Yeah," Akechi whispered.

We ordered our dinner and we watched as the sun started to set. I got a few photos before our dinner arrived. We ate, Akechi paid the bill, and we headed back to the hotel room. When we got there, Akechi seemed a bit impatient. He pushed me against the wall and leaned close to my ear.

"I've been waiting all day to do this," he growled in my ear before proceeding to nibble on my earlobe.