Chapter 3

"Hey, YN?" one of my teachers asked me.

"Yeah?"

"You didn't put in a job shadow application."

"Oh, it was because I didn't have the time to do so."

"We can give you an extra day."

"No it's fine."

"Are you sure? We can find you someone."

"It's quite alright."

"Ok," the teacher said and walked away.

I sighed and closed my locker door. I guess this would have been a good opportunity to talk with Akechi about the Phantom Thieves. Wait. This was a missed opportunity to talk to him about my father. He's an ace detective. If anyone could find my father, he could. I grabbed my things and headed to the train station. As I was walking, I was lost in my thoughts and I bumped into a person.

"Pardon me. I must not have seen where I was going," a familiar voice said.

"Sorry, I was just lost in my thoughts."

"Aren't we all sometimes," the person smiled.

I looked up and saw it was Akechi.

"Akechi?"

"Yes?"

"Oh, nothing," I said.

I was about to turn into the train station, but then I remembered.

"Akechi, wait!"

He turned around and I almost fell onto him. He caught me and helped me regain my balance.

"Are you ok? You should be more careful."

"S-sorry. I am usually clumsy."

"Not in the coffee shop."

"Uh, about that. Can I talk to you?"

"Sure."

"Want to head over to Leblanc?"

"I wouldn't mind a cup of coffee before I head into work."

We took the train to Leblanc and headed inside.

"Ah, there you are, Y/N," Sojiro said. "I was getting worried when you didn't come in at your normal time."

"Sorry, boss. Is it alright if I discuss something with Akechi before I begin working today?"

"Don't mind at all. Business is usually slow around this time. Take as much time as you need."

"Thank you," I said and got into a booth. He sat across from me and got comfortable.

"So, what is it that you need to talk about?"

"You're a detective, correct?"

"One of the best, not to brag or anything," he smiled.

"Right. Anyway, my father has been absent for about three weeks. He told us he was leaving for work, but never came back."

"I see. What is your father's name?"

"Hayata L/N."

"I have heard of your last name before. I don't remember where, though. Where was the last time you saw him?"

"At my house back over in Shibuya."

Akechi grabbed his notebook and wrote everything down.

"Do you know where he works?"

"I don't. Whenever he was home, he kept his work a secret."

"Does your mother know what he does?"

"She has no clue either."

"Any friends?"

"Not that I know of."

Akechi seemed a bit stumped. "I will definitely look into this. I will try to help you. But there is quite a lot on my plate with the mental shutdowns and psychotic breakdowns."

"Right. I had forgotten about that issue."

"I will do my best."

"Thank you, Akechi."

"You're welcome."

"I shall repay your help with a nice cup of coffee," I said and got up.

"Thank you kindly," he said.

I walked into the back, washed my hands, put my apron on, and got started on making his coffee. While I was waiting for it to heat up, I looked over at him occasionally. He looked over the notes he had written down and put them in his briefcase. Once it was finished, I poured him a cup and walked over to him.

"There you are," I said.

"Thank you," he said and took a sip. A few minutes had passed and he had finished. He paid and said goodbye to me.

"If I may ask, what were you talking to him about?" Sojiro asked.

"I asked him if he would help search for my missing father."

"I see. He should do great since he is one of the best detectives."

"I hope he does."

After my shift had ended, I locked up the shop after I notified Akira. I walked over to the train station and headed back home. I walked into my house and saw my mother wasn't there. She was normally home by the time I had gotten home. I finished my homework and checked the news on my phone. I saw a headline that was being broadcasted live right now. I jumped from my bed and ran into the other room. I grabbed the remote and turned on the TV. I flipped to the news station and saw there was another psychotic breakdown incident with a train. It was the train my mother took when she went to work. They were talking about how they didn't know what happened and they referenced the other incidents that happened. I just wanted to see how many made it out of there alive. While I was waiting for that information, someone had called me. It wasn't a number I knew, but I picked it up anyway.

"Hello?"

"Is this Y/N?"

"It is. Why?"

"Come to this address please."

"Hold on one second," I said and wrote down the address on a piece of paper.

"Did you get it?"

"I did. Thank you."

I hung up and looked at the address. It was the address of a local hospital. The trains were still running, but I wouldn't trust a train after this had happened. I walked outside and headed to the closest bus stop. I waited there for a few minutes until a bus had arrived. There was no one on there.

"Can you take me to this address?" I asked the bus driver.

The bus driver examined the address and nodded, "Seems like you're in a bit of a hurry."

"I think it's urgent."

"You might want to grab on then," he smiled and closed the door behind me.

I walked down the aisles and sat down. He drove off into the night and towards the hospital. The bus stopped and the doors opened up.

"Thank you!" I said as I got off the bus.

I walked into the hospital and looked around. I didn't know anyone who was there. Someone walked up to me. He had a stern look on his face and was about a foot taller than me.

"Are you, Y/N L/N?"

"Yes."

"Follow me."