Chapter 38

A few months after Akechi proposed to me, he helped me move my things into his apartment. My mother was a bit hesitant at first, but Akechi reassured her that it would be alright. She agreed and helped me as well. We got everything in the apartment and my mother said goodbye to me. We weren't that far from the house, so I could visit her anytime I wanted. I got my things unpacked with Akechi's help.

"Thank you for helping," I laid on the bed as we finished up.

"I will always be here to help you, Y/N," Akechi said.

I smiled, "I know."

"Do you want to talk about the wedding tomorrow?"

"Yeah," I said.

"Can you believe it, Y/N?"

"Not really. I thought it would have taken you at least another three years to ask me," I joked.

"I wanted to make your birthday special. That was the only thing that came to mind."

"Did Akira help you?"

"No," Akechi said.

"Really, Akechi?"

"He did help me a little bit."

"Thought so," I chuckled.

"We should get some sleep. We had a long day today."

I got up and changed. Akechi changed and got back into bed. I turned off the lights and crawled in next to him. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer.

"Goodnight, Akechi," I said.

"Goodnight, Y/N," he kissed the back of my neck. "I love you."

"I love you, too."

In the morning, Akechi removed his arms from my waist. He stretched, waking me up. I turned over to him and he looked over at me. He smiled and kissed my forehead.

"Morning, love," he said.

"Morning, Akechi."

I looked at his arm, remembering about what had happened to him after Shido's palace.

"Is your arm giving you any trouble?"

He looked down and examined his scar. He shook his head, "Not at all."

"How about your hand? The hand you accidentally burned."

"That's doing alright as well. It's just dealing with the scars is all," he said.

"They are some pretty nasty scars."

"Yeah," he sighed. "There's nothing I can do about them, though," he said.

I looked in the mirror as my mother was there to help me. I was so nervous that my hands were starting to tremble.

"You're nervous, I get that. But, Y/N, you loved Akechi ever since you met him and he loves you. There is no doubt that you two were made for one another. You were there to help him and he was there to help and protect you. Don't deny it."

"I'm not denying it, mom, but I am just so damn nervous."

"I know, Y/N."

I took in a deep breath and sighed. I have been waiting for this for a long time. It's been about five months since he asked me. I looked down at the ring he had given me at the beach. I sighed, trying not to think about it.

I struggled with my tie since my hands were shaking vigorously. Akira, Yusuke, and Ryuji were getting ready in another room. I looked at myself in the mirror and put my hair up into a loose ponytail.