Chapter 14

~2 weeks~

Two weeks had passed and there was no word on Akechi. After their change of heart was successful, I think, Akechi was no where to be seen. The night of their last battle ended badly. Akira had gone to jail and Akechi disappeared. Now the Phantom Thieves don't have a leader and Sojiro was a bit upset with Akira. Ann had told me everything that happened. How Akechi went missing and Akira ended up in jail. Everyday I had waited for Akechi, but he never came to Leblanc and he never came to the train station. I was starting to get worried about him.

"Any word on them?" I asked Makoto at lunch time.

"Nothing," Makoto said.

"I know you're worried about them, but Akira should be fine," Ryuji said.

"I know, but what about Akechi?"

"What about him?" Ryuji asked.

"He was a member of your team! You should be concerned for him!"

"Whoa, what got into you?"

"Ryuji!" Ann scolded him.

"Akechi is a friend of mine. I'm just concerned for him. Akira is also a friend of mine, but I know he can handle himself. Akechi," I stopped and sighed. "Akechi just worries me sometimes."

"We understand you're concerned for both of them," Haru said.

"They'll be back in no time, Y/N," Makoto said.

"Yeah," I nodded and sat down. 

After school I decided not to head to Leblanc. Sojiro told me he could take care of the shop for a bit so I can relax myself. I sat down on my bed and saw the last message I sent Akechi. It was before he went into the palace.

"I'm at Leblanc. You coming soon?"

"I'll be there in five. You better have a steaming hot cup of coffee when I get there."

"I don't make any promises."

"I know you don't. I'll see you soon."

"See ya."

A tear rolled down my face and onto my phone. I wiped it off the screen and then from my face.

"Still worried about your friends?" my mother came in and asked.

"How did you know?"

"You changed once Akechi disappeared as well as when Akira disappeared. I know you care for them, but they should be fine."

"I know. It's just that, I got into a routine with Akechi. We met each other at the train station and saw each other at Leblanc."

"I know you miss that, Y/N, but you have to move on. Neither Akechi nor Akira would want you to be like this. They'd tell you to keep moving forward and to not worry about them."

I nodded my head, "Yeah."

"I'm heading out tonight with a few friends. You ok being here by yourself?"

"I should be."

"Alright. Love you, Y/N."

"Love you too, mom," I said. 

She left and I was alone. I put my phone down and took a nap. I woke up an hour later with a barrage of text messages and missed phone calls. I saw it was all from the Phantom Thieves. Something must of happened. I looked at the text messages. It all said to come to Leblanc as soon as possible. I jumped out of my bed and put my shoes on. I grabbed my keys and ran out of the house. I ran into the train station and waited impatiently. The train came and I got on. It stopped at Yogen-Jaya and I ran out of there as quickly as I could. I ran down to Leblanc and ran in. I looked around and saw Sojiro was smiling.

"Someone wants to talk to you," he said and moved his head towards the stairs.

I walked to the stairs and headed up. All of the Phantom Thieves were there. They seemed to be surrounding someone.

"I got your message, guys," I said.

"That's good. We've been trying to get a hold of you for the past hour."

"Did something happen?"

"You better believe something happened," a voice came from behind me.

I turned around and saw it was Akira. There were some bandages on his face. I smiled and hugged him.

"You're back, Akira!"

He hugged me back and smiled, "Happy to see me, aren't you?"

"I was so worried about you."

"No need to be anymore."

I pulled away and looked at them, "Still nothing about Akechi?"

"He's still out there, but we don't know where he is."

"Also, how did you end up in jail?"

"There was a traitor when we went into Sae's palace for the final fight. Someone ratted us out and got Akira in trouble with the police," Makoto explained.

"Who could it have been?" I asked.

"We have our assumptions, but we'd rather not say," Ann said.

"We can't base everything off an assumption," Futaba said.

"But we do have our last target," Akira said.

"Who's that?"

"Masayoshi Shido," Ryuji said.

"That guy?" I asked.

"Yep. And we're going to need your help this time," Akira said.

"My help? I don't have a persona," I said.

"We wouldn't need you for combat. We might need you to handle a gun, but that might be it," Morgana said.

"A gun? I can barely shoot a gun in a video game," I said.

"We can teach you how to shoot," Akira said.

"How much time do I have to prepare?"

"About two weeks," Morgana said.

"This is going to be fun," I said.

"We will all be there for you," Yusuke said.

"Just think of this: you'll be an honorary Phantom Thief," Ryuji said.

I smiled, "Never thought I'd see the day."

"Well what do you say? Are you in?" Akira asked.

"You can count on me," I said.

They all smiled.

"Thank you, Y/N. While we're in there, we might be able to find out where Akechi had gone to," Makoto said.

"Let's hope so," I said. I looked at my watch, "I should be heading back. The last train is almost here."

"Oh shit! I forgot about that," Ryuji said.

"We better get going," Yusuke said.

We all headed out and towards the train station. I said goodbye to everyone and got onto my train and waited to get home.

"You're really going to hide the truth from her?" Futaba asked.

"What else could we have done? Her and Akechi have an interesting friendship," I said.

"Do you think they're in a possible realtionship?" Morgana asked.

"They might be. If we do find out what happened to him when we go, she'll understand the truth herself. I didn't want her to get upset when she already was," I explained.

"Well, I should be heading back home. It's past my bedtime."

"Oh, so the famous hacker has a curfew?" I joked.

"Shut it, Joker," Futaba said and smacked me with a pillow. "I'll see you tomorrow."