Chapter 29

The two weeks were flying by quickly. I couldn't believe I was going to be leaving soon. But everyone was there to support me. Some of them even helped me pack my things. The second week was closing in and I was going to be moving out. My mother was already getting the house ready to put on the market. People were coming in and looking at the place. And some of our heavier and larger items were being taken to the new house in Texas. I wasn't ready to leave Japan and all my friends behind.

"So what are your plans, Akechi?" Akira had asked me.

"Well, I want this to not be a sad party. I want this to show her that we care for her and that, even though we're sad to see her go, we'll be there for her. No matter when she needs us. The time difference is going to be a hell of an issue, but I think we can overcome that. If anything, she can reach out to us when she thinks its a good time. In all honesty though, I don't really have any ideas."

"How about Phantom Thief themed? She was technically on the team with us there for a little bit," Ryuji said.

"She was only there to watch our backs," Futaba said.

"But she was still a member. Even though I was a member of your team for one palace, I was still part of your team," I said.

"You do have a point there," Ryuji said.

"We're getting off topic here," I said. "I did have a few ideas planned beforehand, but I thought they weren't the best."

"Well, let's think of this: where did you meet her?" Akira asked.

"The train station."

"Romantic," Yusuke said with sarcasm.

"It wasn't my fault we met at a shitty place!" I said.

"Alright, well, we can work with it. She'll be needing to take the train to go to the airport. So we can end there. You'll be the one to walk her there and we'll be there waiting. We can surprise her before they leave," Akira suggested.

"How about I bring her and her mother here to get one last cup of coffee. I tell her mother to head to the station to wait there for us and she'll know about you guys. Afterwards, Y/N and I will get to spend time with each other one on one. I made her something so that she doesn't forget any of us."

"Akechi, I don't think she will ever forget us," Makoto said.

"I know, but I wanted to make her something special. Something that will remind her of home."

"Does that sound like a plan everyone?" Akira asked.

They all nodded.

"Good," I said.

"Is there anything specific that you want at the train station?" Akira asked.

"Hmm. How about a small banner that says, 'You have stolen all of our hearts'?"

"I like the sound of that," Ryuji smiled.

"I think we can do that. Yusuke, we're going to need your help with it," Akira said.

"I will be more than happy to help," he smiled.

"Alright, guys, we have a few more days until she leaves. Let's get this organized and finished."

"How is everything going?" I asked on Wednesday of the second week.

"We have finished the banner," Yusuke said.

I looked at what he had accomplished. In big black letters was 'You have stolen all of our hearts.' Surrounding it were small hearts and there was a small Phantom Thief logo in there as well. I smiled and patted Yusuke on the back.