Chapter 21

"Y/N?" Akechi asked once he opened the door. "What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to see how you were doing."

"I'm doing fine. You better come in. I don't want people to get suspicious."

"Right," I said and walked in. He closed the door and looked at me.

"So what made you come out here?"

"I was just worried about you."

He smiled, "There's no need to be."

"I was just worried about your hand. Can I take a look at it?"

Akechi looked at the clock and nodded, "It is considered evening. So might as well rewrap both of them."

I nodded and we headed over to the counter. I grabbed his ointment and bandages. I unwrapped his hand and saw it was still red and his skin still bubbled a bit. I rubbed some more aloe on it and wrapped the bandages around it. I unwrapped his arm and he turned his head away. I rubbed some ointment on his arm and then wrapped it back up.

"I'm sorry this happened," I said.

"Don't be, Y/N. This was my fault."

I sighed, "Did you think about the interview?"

"I did. I would like to do it. Just to let everyone know I am ok and that I don't want to do any more media appearances."

"Are you sure about this, Akechi?"

"Yes. I just want to focus on detective work for now and I would like to focus on us."

"Us?"

"Yes. We have been going out for sometime now. I would like to talk about us, if you don't mind."

"Um, sure. What were you thinking?"

"I was thinking about our relationship. And how it grew over time. So I would like to ask you this question, Y/N. Will you be my girlfriend?"

I smiled and leaned over to him. I pressed my lips lightly against his. He smiled and put his right hand on my cheek. I leaned into his touch and pulled away after a few seconds. He pecked my lips quickly and smiled.

"I would love to be your girlfriend."

He smiled, "And I would love to be your boyfriend."

A week had passed since Akechi had been released from the hospital. He was heading back there in a couple of weeks. He had stayed in his apartment working while he awaited his interview, which would take place tonight. I was going to go with him and be there to support him.

"How is Akechi-kun doing, Y/N?" Haru asked.

"He's doing alright. His left hand has healed, but it did give him a bit of a scar. His arm is still healing though."

"That has to be tough on him," Ann said.

"Yeah," I said.

"Oh, isn't his interview tonight?" Makoto asked.

"It is."

"We'll be sure to watch it," Akira said. "We'll be there in spirit."

"Oh, before I forget, make sure you mark this in your calendar, Ryuji," Makoto said.

"Why do you have to call me out?" Ryuji asked.

"Because you tend to forget almost everything," I said.

"That ain't true!" Ryuji said.

"We're getting off topic here. Anyway, the school is throwing a dance in a couple of weeks. I think we should all go as a group. Y/N, Akechi is more than welcome to come."

"I'll talk to him about it."

The bell rang and we headed to our afternoon classes. Once school was over, I headed back home. I changed quickly and went to Akechi's apartment. I knocked on his door and he opened it up.

"Hi, Y/N. Are you ready?"

"Yep. Are you?"

"I'm a bit nervous to be honest, but I should be."

"Well, let's get going, shall we?"

"Indeed."

He locked his apartment and put his keys in his pocket. We walked down to the television station. Akechi told them he was there to do an interview and they showed us where to go. We had to wait in a room since we were there a bit early. I texted everyone to let them know when it would begin.

"Oh, I almost forgot. Our school is having a dance in a couple of weeks. I'd like you to join us. If it is alright with you."

"Hmm. I should be free. I'd be more than happy to attend."

I smiled and someone knocked on our door. I got up and opened it.

"Five minutes," said the person.

"We should be heading over there," I said to Akechi.

He stood up and straightened everything out. "Do I look ok?"

I fixed his tie and pecked his cheek, "You look great."

He smiled and kissed my cheek, "Let's go then."

We headed out and got to where we needed to be. I stood behind the camera and Akechi was talking to a few of the people who were there.

"We're back on in three, two, one," said the camera man.

"Hello and welcome back. Tonight we have a special treat for all of you viewers. About a few weeks ago there was a report of the famous detective, Goro Akechi, had went missing. With little to no word on his whereabouts, his fans were getting worried about him. Luckily, a good friend of his had found him. With no severe injuries, he is back here with us today. This is a special interview that we are having tonight. Please welcome, Goro Akechi."

The camera moved over to Akechi, who smiled and waved.

"Hello, everyone. It's good to be back."

"So, Akechi, where have you been for the past few weeks?"

"That information is classified. I'm just kidding. I was resting and recovering from a slight injury I have."

"Oh? What kind of injury?"

"It's a silly mistake that happened, but a third degree burn."

"Ouch. That's got to burn like hell."

Akechi chuckled, "It did. But I am getting better little by little."

"So since you are back, are you going to continue doing detective work?"

"I am, but I will not be involved as much as I was. I want to focus on the more important things in life."

"And what are they?"

"For starters, I want to focus on an important person."

"Who is this person? Are we allowed to know?"

"I did ask her, in case this kind of question came up. She doesn't mind being mentioned, but I will not say her name out of respect."

"Is this the good friend who found you?"

"No. Although she did find me along with the friend."

"So what is the relationship you have between her?"

"I am not saying because I feel it is personal. And I should not say personal information."

"Understandable. Alright, we have time for one more question. Since you're back, are you going to continue doing media appearances?"

"I am not."