Chapter 19

Akechi came out of the shower and put his towel in the washer. He came out to where I was waiting for him. He had a night shirt on and a pair of shorts on. He also had his hair up into a ponytail.

"I see you're taking my advice," I smiled.

"Oh this, yeah," he said. "I thought it would be easier if I put my hair up after a shower."

"It looks nice," I said.

"Thanks. Do you mind helping me get all this off?" he asked and pointed to his arm.

"Not at all," I said and got up.

We walked over to the counter and I took off everything that I had put on his arm. 

"Did it cover it well?"

"It did. There was little to no water that was able to seep through there."

"It must of been hard to wash your hair."

"It was at first, but I managed to get it washed."

"It's late. We should be going to bed," I said.

"Indeed," Akechi said and got up.

I walked over to the guest room and he headed to his room. He stopped outside the guest room and kissed my head.

"Goodnight, Y/N."

"Goodnight, Akechi," I said and kissed his cheek.

I walked into the guest room and closed the door. I sat down on the bed and looked at my phone for the news. There was nothing much other than the normal stuff. I put my phone away and curled in the blankets and fell asleep.

Around one in the morning, there was a huge clap of thunder. It shook the apartment a bit, which caused me to wake up. I looked around the room and sighed. Thunderstorms were not my forte. I was always scared of thunderstorms. I remember my first experience with a thunderstorm. I thought it was just like a normal rainstorm.

 I was getting ready to go home from Shujin. This was back when I was a first year. Makoto and I were talking while it was a downpour. I had forgotten my umbrella at the house and Makoto had offered to use her umbrella. I said I would just wait it out. When the rain lightened up, I was walking down the steps and then a huge clap of thunder came out of nowhere. It had scared me so much that I slipped on a step and fell down. A few students who were there laughed, but Makoto rushed down to help me. I was so scared that I sat there, not moving. I was shaking furiously and Makoto helped me back into the school to calm me down. Once I was calmed down, she walked me to the train station. Ever since that day, I was always scared of thunderstorms. Whenever I don't have anyone or anything to hold on to, I freeze up and start shaking. 

I was shaking, but not as much as I used to. I knew that if I wasn't with anyone I would freeze up. I slowly got out of the bed and opened the door. I looked across the hall to see Akechi's door was slightly open. I walked into his room and slowly walked over to his bed. I knelt on the floor and shook his shoulder.

"Akechi?"

"Hmm?" he asked.

"Are you awake?"

He reached over and turned on a dim light. "Y/N? What's the matter?"

"Uh, the thunderstorm had woken me up and startled me. I can't go back to sleep. Do you mind if I sleep with you?"

"I don't mind at all," he said as he moved over to make room.

"Thanks," I said.

"Before you get in, do you mind turning off the light?"

"Not at all," I said and turned it off. I crawled into the bed and laid down. Our backs were touching one another's for a while. He turned around and wrapped his arm around my waist. He pulled me closer to him. I smiled and rested my hand on top of his.

"Goodnight, Y/N," he said and kissed the back of my neck. "Get some sleep."

"Goodnight, Akechi," I said. 

In the morning, I found myself face to face with Akechi. I blushed madly and buried my face in his chest. I didn't want him to wake up to see that. I wrapped my arms around his waist tightly. I could feel my heart was racing and it felt like it was going to burst out of my chest. He woke up and rested his hand on the back of my head.

"Good morning, Y/N."

"Good morning, Akechi," I said, trying not to stutter.

"Why are you hiding your face?"

"Um, I woke up and saw you were so close. So I hid my face."

He chuckled, "There's no need for that now, is there?"

"Uh, I guess not."

He cupped my cheeks and made me look up at him. He smiled and we stared at each other for a little bit. He leaned in and pressed his lips against mine. I smiled and kissed back. He pulled away and got out of bed.

"Are you coming?"

"Yeah," I said and got up. We walked over to the counter and I helped him rewrap his arm. I took off the old bandages and looked at his arm once more. It was almost sickening to see it. I could tell it bothered Akcehi because he didn't want to look at it. I felt bad for him. Instead of applying the ointment on the bandages, I applied the ointment onto his burns. He let out a small whimper.

"Did I hurt you?"

"No. I-I should be fine."

I nodded and wrapped the bandages around his arm. "It was just your arm that was affected?"

"No. My hand was too, but it didn't suffer any bad damage like my arm did. It only suffered a mild-second degree burn. It is still healing, but the doctors said I don't need to bandage it."

I nodded, "How about some pancakes this morning?"

"I would love that," he smiled.