Chapter 30

I pulled away from Akechi and got onto the last train. I sat with my mother and saw Akechi standing there at the platform. He waved to me and I waved back. It reminded me of the day of when I ran off the train and back onto the platform. Only this time, I can't do that. The doors closed and the train started to move. I watched as Akechi turned into a spec when we left the station. Tears rolled down my face as we were heading to the airport. That was it. Just like that and we're going to be miles apart. 

Tears rolled down my face as I watched the train disappear. I wiped them from my face and waited for the other train to come back. Y/N's train wasn't the only train that was running. I hopped on and it took me back to Shibuya. I walked towards the apartment and turned on the light when I got it. There was a lot of papers on the ground from me trying to come up with ideas. I walked over to the counter and looked at the one I had written. I sighed and grabbed it. I walked into my room and put it in my drawer. I got changed and looked down at my arm. There was a huge scar from the burn. I remembered when Y/N helped me with my recovery. I smiled to myself and got into bed. 

Around two in the morning, I had gotten a call. I grabbed my phone and answered it.

"Hello?" I asked half-awake.

"Ah, Akechi. Sorry to call you so early in the morning."

"It's fine," I yawned.

"There is something I wish to discuss with you at the office. I want you to be here as soon as possible."

"Alright," I said.

"That is all."

He hung up and I put my phone down. I fell back asleep and my alarm went off a few hours later. I got up, took a shower, and headed into the office. I walked over to my boss's office and knocked.

"Come in."

I walked in and saw he was staring out the window.

"I heard that your girlfriend moved to the United States."

"She did," I said, trying not to cry again.

"Well good riddance."

"I'm sorry, but what do you mean by that, sir?"

"I was the one to get her out of Japan."

"What? Why?"

"One, she was interfering with your, well more like our work. Her mother was another issue as well. She was looking into mental shutdowns as well. She had caught word of what happened with Shido and the Phantom Thieves."

That happened so long ago that it seems like a blur to me now. 

"She looked into Shido and found out that he was the one to steal Wakaba's research on cognitive pscience. One of Shido's previous workers said that if I didn't deal with her, they would cause her to have a mental shutdown. So, I convinced her department to get her out of Japan and send her to the US."

"You. You were the one to send them! I knew something didn't seem right."

"Yes, it was me who got them out of Japan. At least her mother doesn't have to suffer a mental shutdown."

"It was you the whole time!"

"You can't do anything about it now, Akechi. She's gone and she's never coming back! Because if she does, her mother will have a mental shutdown."

"You, you bastard!"

"Now, now, no need for that kind of language when you're talking to your boss."

"I should of known it was you the entire time! Because of you, I lost the one I loved the most!"

"Come now, Akechi. There are plenty of fish in the sea."

"She was the only one who understood me! She was there for me and cared for me! She was the only one who saw I could change before anyone else could! And you took her away from me!"

"What are you going to do about it, Akechi?"

I sneered and reached into my jacket. I pulled out my gun and pointed it at him.

"W-wait, Akechi. You can't kill me."

"I can. I will make it look like you had a mental shutdown."

"No one is going to believe you anymore! They all know the mental shutdowns were caused by Shido!"

"I know. But then again, I can say you committed suicide."

"You wouldn't."

"How about we make a deal?"

"What kind of a deal?"

"If you let Y/N and her mother come back to Japan, I will tell her to not look into Shido and the mental shutdowns. I will tell her that those cases are closed and there is no reason to open them up. That there is no point on looking back on what had happened. The past is the past and there is nothing that they can do about it."

"I wish I could do that, but they're gone for a year."

"They're coming back in a year?"

"Yes."

"Then when they come back, I will let them know and you will not do anything to harm her or her mother. You hear me?"

He nodded, "Yes."

"Good," I said and put my gun away. "Or else I will make it look like suicide."

"I understand, Akechi."

I walked out of his office and into my own. I slammed my hands on the desk and tears slid down my face. I couldn't believe it. I needed to tell her what had happened. I grabbed my phone and was about to call her, but I just stared at her name. I shook my head and called Akira.

"Hello?"

"Are you free sometime today?"

"I am free now. What's the matter?"

"I need to talk to you about something."

"Come on over. I'll let Sojiro know."

"Thanks," I said and hung up. I grabbed my things and walked out of the office. I took the train to Yongen-Jaya and was at Leblanc in a few minutes.