Chapter 34

I grabbed the spare key from my jacket and headed to the office. I haven't heard anything from Y/N and I was starting to get worried. She didn't leave me any kind of message at my apartment. I might as well check the office. I unlocked it and saw there were papers everywhere. I sighed and closed the door. I walked over to them and looked at them. They were covering a case that I hadn't opened yet. It was a file my boss had given me a while back. I walked over to my desk and unlocked it. There was the file folder. I picked it up and opened it. She had cracked the case. She had figured out who it was. I looked at the name and then the address. Shit. I knew this wasn't going to be good. I put the folder back in the desk and locked it. I cleaned up all the papers and left the office. If I was going to go after her, I needed backup. I called up Akira and asked to gather everyone up at Leblanc.

"What's the problem?" Akira asked once I got there.

"Y/N was cracking a case to clear my name. Apparently I was accused of something I never did."

"What was that?" Ryuji asked.

"I was accused that I killed my boss."

"Really?" Ann asked.

"Yes. I was never there when he was killed."

"That's right. You were in your apartment with us. You couldn't have killed him," Yusuke said.

"I may have killed people in the past, but I do not do that any longer."

"So where is Y/N?" Haru asked.

"She is not far from here. We need to find Eiko Takahashi."

"We're right behind you, Akechi," Akira said.

I nodded, "Thank you. We have to hurry if we want to save her. She's been gone for more than four days. If she's with Eiko, she might be in danger."

"Let's go!" Akira said.

We prepared ourselves and made our way out there. We reached the house and we walked to the door. I knocked before barging in. Everyone was surrounding me when we made our way in.

"Who's there?" Eiko yelled.

"It's me, Eiko. I'm sure you remember me," I replied.

"Akechi?"

"It's me, Eiko. I just want to talk."

Eiko came out from where she was hiding. She had a huge smile on her face.

"You came back to me, Akechi!"

"I need you to answer some questions."

"Anything for you."

"Be on guard," I whispered to Akira. "Search the house and alert me if you find Y/N."

"Understood," Akira said and motioned for the others to follow him.

I walked towards Eiko, "How long have you been here?"

"Only for a few years. How come you never visited?"

"You never gave me your address."

"I know how smart you are. I thought you would of figured it out yourself."

"I eventually did. You're a hard one to find," I smirked.

I walked around with the others. We were trying to be quite during our search. I hope Akechi would give us enough time to find her. I walked into this one room and saw there was a cage in there. I walked closer and saw there was someone laying in there. I took out my flashlight and turned it on. It was Y/N. She looked deathly. She was pale and I could almost see her bones. How long could she have endured this? I knelt down to her.

"Y/N?"

Her eyes opened up and she smiled, "Akira?"

"We're going to get you out of here."

"Is Akechi here?"

"He is. He's buying us time."

Akira was finding a way to get me out, but the man walked up behind him.

"Akira!"

He turned around and the man shot him in the stomach. He fell onto the ground and made his way over to me. The man walked towards Akira and pointed the gun at his head.

"Don't move or you'll be killed."

Akira didn't move. The man looked over at me, "How did they find you?"

"Your guess is as good as mine," I said.

"Don't act dumb. You had to send them a message, didn't you?"

"I didn't."

The man sneered, "How many more are there?"

Ryuji came up behind him and tackled him to the ground. The man was taken by surprise. Yusuke came in and yelled down to Akechi.

"We found her!"

"We found her!" Yusuke yelled.

"It was nice talking to you, Eiko, but I need to go."

"You're not going anywhere."

I looked behind me and saw she was holding a knife. She stabbed me in the stomach. I fell onto the ground as blood poured out.

"You only have a few minutes before you get out of here alive!"

I shot her in the leg and ran to where they were. I put my hand over my bleeding stomach and met up with Yusuke.

"Akechi, are you ok?"

"I'm fine. We need to get Y/N out of here."

I walked into the room to see Ryuji had the man tied up. Akira slowly stood up.

"I'll call an ambulance."

"And the police," I said.

Akira nodded and pulled out his phone. I ran inside and saw Y/N on the ground.

"We're going to get you out of here, Y/N," I said.

"Akechi, look out!" she yelled.

I looked behind me and Eiko stabbed me in the shoulder. I yelled in pain and fell to the ground.

"You're not going anywhere, Akechi. You're going to die here. And then we'll be together forever. Wouldn't you like that?"

"I'd rather die than be with you."

"Choose your words carefully next time."

She ripped the knife from my shoulder and stabbed me again in the stomach. I yelled and Makoto came up from behind her. She knocked Eiko out with one punch.

"Thanks, Makoto," I grunted.

"The police and ambulance are going to be coming soon. Can you hold out?"

"I can now that I know we're getting out of here," I panted.

"Stay with us, Akechi," she said.

The others walked out of the house and waited for the police and ambulance to show up. I was laying right next to where Y/N was. My breathing was becoming heavy and uneven.

"Y-N," I panted. "I-If I don't make it out of here, I-I will at least know you tried your best."

"Stay with me, Akechi," she said and reached out to me.

I reached out to her, but everything faded from my vision. All that I could see was black.