Chapter 35

I woke up with blinding lights burning my eyes. Tears slipped down from the corner of my eyes. I wiped them away and groaned in pain as my shoulder suddenly started to hurt. I looked around to see I was in the hospital. I sat up and pain ran up and down my stomach. I removed the covers to see stitches on my stomach. I sighed and fell back down onto the bed. The door opened up and I saw Y/N come in.

He was laying on the bed. He looked like he was in pain. I slowly made my way over to him and sat next to his bed. He didn't look at me for a bit, but he sat up. He turned towards me and gave me a small smile. I smiled back, but it soon faded away.

"I'm sorry, Akechi."

"For what?"

"For not taking care of them as soon as possible."

"You did your best, Y/N. That is all I could of asked for."

"But, I thought I could take them down, but I realized, I couldn't. The thought of hurting another person makes me want to throw up. I-I still couldn't comprehend why you killed those people."

"It was because I had to. Did I have remorse, for some, yes. But I am changing my ways, Y/N. I don't want to be someone who kills for the sake of others. I don't want to have to kill someone unless my life or your life is being threatened."

I nodded, "I-I thought I lost you, Akechi."

"Only a few stitches," he said, trying to cover up the stitches that was on his shoulder. 

"How is your stomach doing?"

"Stitches as well," he sighed. "How are you doing?"

"The doctors said I was malnourished while I was there. Right now they're going to have me on an IV. That's why I'm dragging this around with me."

"I did not see that when you came in."

"It's kind of hard to miss," I chuckled.

He smiled, "I guess the anesthetics are still wearing off."

"I just want to get this court case over with. I know you did nothing wrong and I want to prove it to others."

"I know you do, Y/N, but you need to rest."

"I know. Do you know what the police are going to do?"

"Akira was going to send me info once he found out," he said and grabbed his phone. He opened it up and saw there were a few messages from him. "I got something from him."

"What did he say?"

"He said they're being interrogated. Of course they're going to deny it, but he said he had given the folder to Sae. Sae is going to handle things until you're able to try against them. As for us, he just wishes we have a safe recovery before we come back."

"I want to get out of here as soon as I can," I said.

"How long are you going to be on the IV?"

"The doctors want me on it for a couple of days. How long are you going to be in here?"

"They want to do more checks to make sure my stitches are not infected. I hope to not be in here long."

I sighed, "All we have to do is wait now."

Akechi walked into the courtroom and I was sitting with Sae. I was very nervous for the trial. Eiko and the man walked in and sat down. Their lawyers seemed to not be happy with this. I looked around the room and saw Makoto, Ann, Futaba, Haru, Yusuke, Ryuji, and Morgana were there. Makoto had given me a reassuring smile and I smiled back at her. 

"All rise for the judge." All of us stood up as the judge walked in. "The judge today is Judge Igor."

"Please sit," Igor said.

We all sat down and he looked over at Eiko and the man.

"Would you like to go first?"

"Yes, your honor," said their lawyer. He stood up and began his statement. It was a bit long and boring, but what he was saying seemed exaggerated. Igor nodded and the lawyer sat down.

"What is your statement?" Igor asked us.

Sae stood up and walked over to him, "Goro Akechi is innocent. He has done nothing wrong to either of them. He was not the one responsible for his boss's death. At the time of his death, Akechi was with some friends and was no where near the office building. He was simply framed for something he had not done."

"What is your evidence?!" Eiko yelled.

"Silence!" Igor boomed. "I will have order in this court. Now, we should go on to the evidence. Would you like to begin?" he asked me.

"Thank you, your honor," I said and bowed. I grabbed my notes and walked towards Akechi.

"Goro Akechi was given a file by his boss. The file included information on Eiko. Before he had looked at it, he did not know Eiko was involved with this case. Before his boss had passed away, he was with a few of his friends. While he was in the hospital for sometime, I took the case into my own hands. I had to prove he was innocent. And I believe I can do just that. What I found about Eiko was startling. She had committed so many crimes that I never thought a single person could do alone. The man with her also played a part in this. He made her kill Akehi's boss and then set him up. My evidence I have with me is an earpiece they both used. Eiko used it to kill his boss by making herself look like Akechi. When I made it to Eiko's place, they both captured me and the man used the earpiece to disguise who he was. They both had malicious intents to get rid of Akechi. And when Akechi tried to save me, they tried to kill him."

Igor nodded, "Let's now hear the other side. I doubt they'll compare to yours."